• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,726 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Miamiknight3434 said:

Happy Friday to my fellow Fiction House Collectors

Today is great day. I'm beyond excited to share what just arrived at my home. I'm Geeking out so hard and can't stop op looking at the book.

Special thank you to @skypinkblu who advised me to reach out to Kenny to take a look at the book. The book was in rough shape and brittle but I simply wanted a solid reading copy. In the 9 years I have been collecting I had heard how great Kenny's work is but man as person he's simply one of the best. Thank you @Ze-man for your amazing craft and bring this rough book back to life!

20200612_144432.jpg

20200612_144729.jpg

The book looks wonderful! Big congrats!! :smile:

On 6/13/2020 at 11:34 PM, szav said:

Wish I could find a nicer copy of this one, but I'll take any nice late run Whitman in 7.0 or better....

Jungle147cgc7.jpg

Nice one. When I was looking for one somehow I kept on hitting the ones around it but never this one until a kind soul on the board sold me their copy (not as nice as yours though) - 

1518301981_JungleComics147.thumb.jpg.1f775d4aef0d221f43d7fcd400e7ff69.jpg

6 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Interesting choice of name for those tiger-women.

Probably inspired by the various Gauguin Vahiné paintings? including Vahine no te vi - I assume that's what you suspected?

Paul_Gauguin_126.jpg

The name is used by a spice company Vahiné still use in France (though it is now a McCormick company) - 

logo-vahine.jpg

2 hours ago, Miamiknight3434 said:

Those colors are truly nice RM why did he talked you out of it?

I talked HIM out of it. He’s a real old time collector that is real underground. He likes to trade. He likes quantity, I like quality. Was real happy with the trade...

On 6/22/2020 at 5:47 PM, Miamiknight3434 said:

I was getting ready to read my Rangers 11 and check out this splash WOW

20200622_172117.jpg

A strong case this spectacular splash page makes for deslabberizing.