• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,742 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, geofan said:

Glad to see you my boy!

It's always fun getting together and even though you couldn't find the Planets,

I'm glad that you were able to add this to your collection...It is a Super Cool cover!

Yes we had a great time. Thank you again for having me.

On 6/27/2020 at 7:00 PM, Miamiknight3434 said:

So I haven't had a chance to see @geofan due to the covid. but I had to go pick up a book he had for me. right before I left the house I text him and asked him if it would be ok if I can bring some books to trade for a certain planet comics he has. So we hung out for  few hours looked at 11-15 boxes of golden age goodness and I couldn't find that planet I wanted. but I did find treasure that was on my want list. We discussed a trade that literally took 2 minutes lol and I'm the proud owner of this delicate baby lol

20200627_170000.jpg

Don't mind me I'm just reading my new Jungle comics #15 😁😎

20200630_170548.jpg

2 minutes ago, szav said:

I hate you HA, but sometimes I just have to let myself be a willing overpayer because you get the good stuff.  Picked these up, always loved the Firehair 8 and its wild colors.  Happy to be getting a decent copy finally, and its been hard to even find one for sale.   Whether its because no one bothers slabbing or selling these, or they're actually uncommon in nice shape, I'm still not sure.

image.png.c525e88d02165ca78d58c6fb1b01104d.png

image.png.e321c43fc8ee49e960f59a4a1486b7a7.png

Congrats! :applause:

Beauties! The colors on that Firehair are insane!!

12 hours ago, szav said:

I hate you HA, but sometimes I just have to let myself be a willing overpayer because you get the good stuff.  Picked these up, always loved the Firehair 8 and its wild colors.  Happy to be getting a decent copy finally, and its been hard to even find one for sale.   Whether its because no one bothers slabbing or selling these, or they're actually uncommon in nice shape, I'm still not sure.

image.png.c525e88d02165ca78d58c6fb1b01104d.png

image.png.e321c43fc8ee49e960f59a4a1486b7a7.png

Wow! Two beauties! Congrats!  I'd be all over either one especially that Kaanga...:x

I like this one a lot too.

comkaanga12.jpg

11 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I like this one a lot too.

There's only about 10 or so books that I have multiple copies of and this is one of them.  Kaanga 12 just screams classic to me, yet out of the 7 copies I have, some in pretty nice shape, only one cost me more than $50.  I just cant help myself when I see this one in VG or better at a decent price.

10 hours ago, szav said:

There's only about 10 or so books that I have multiple copies of and this is one of them.  Kaanga 12 just screams classic to me, yet out of the 7 copies I have, some in pretty nice shape, only one cost me more than $50.  I just cant help myself when I see this one in VG or better at a decent price.

@szav I truly appreciate your passion for the later covers of the fiction house tittles. Pretty cool Thank you for sharing 

41 minutes ago, Miamiknight3434 said:

@szav I truly appreciate your passion for the later covers of the fiction house tittles. Pretty cool Thank you for sharing 

Likewise, I enjoy seeing your posts too.  For a long while there it felt like I was the only one bumping this thread.  It's great to see more action in it lately.

13 hours ago, szav said:

I'm a fan. :headbang:

Kaanga_12.jpg

3 hours ago, Scrooge said:

My earliest Wings (shrug)

1918025224_Wings3.jpg.b1c92036919c2cd3f4f3c1fe386a0a31.jpg

I can't think of any WW II plane artist that I like better than Fawcette.  :applause: