• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,701 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Marty Mann said:

IMG  RANGERS #21    PAC (200 dpi)         .jpg

Red-blooded adventure in its purest form.

I know you bought a fair number of strip reprints or comics based on you favorite radio shows. Had there been more content like that Rangers on the newsstands, would you have bought it or were you as satisfied with Jack Amstrong as with Rangers?

2 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Red-blooded adventure in its purest form.

I know you bought a fair number of strip reprints or comics based on you favorite radio shows. Had there been more content like that Rangers on the newsstands, would you have bought it or were you as satisfied with Jack Amstrong as with Rangers?

As I might have mentioned before, I was able to read a lot of FICTION HOUSE COMICS at my local barber shop so I felt I would spend my dime

on other comics that were not available for free reading.

Marty

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Now that’s a dime well spent Marty! Curious why you picked that one that day? A little different than the ones you usually post. 

I remember buying that book at the Greyhound Bus Station at a stop-over in Baltimore on a trip from Washington, DC to Philadelphia.

I don't think there was to good a selection on the rack and this was a FICTION HOUSE COMIC that I hadn't read in the barber shop.

Marty

7 minutes ago, Marty Mann said:

FICTION HOUSE COMICS at my local barber shop

(thumbsu Great taste at the barber shop :)

Years later, I tried to read comics at the news dealer ... it didn't go well, let's just say that. My mom took me to with her to get my hair cut so no luck there with the reading material. Wish my dad had taken me instead.

17 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

(thumbsu Great taste at the barber shop :)

Years later, I tried to read comics at the news dealer ... it didn't go well, let's just say that. My mom took me to with her to get my hair cut so no luck there with the reading material. Wish my dad had taken me instead.

I was lucky...we had an apartment on the third floor over the Barber Shop.

Marty

4 hours ago, Marty Mann said:

I remember buying that book at the Greyhound Bus Station at a stop-over in Baltimore on a trip from Washington, DC to Philadelphia.

I don't think there was to good a selection on the rack and this was a FICTION HOUSE COMIC that I hadn't read in the barber shop.

Marty

I probably would have to hide that one from my mom...

12 hours ago, szav said:

This is the only book I've ever purchased from Gary Dolgoff, off ebay, despite seeing his adds in the OPG for years and years ...he called it a stricly graded vg/f.  Again I defer to the experts.

Sheena17cgc75.JPG

Nice book. I used to buy from him at shows. I found he was always a strict grader and a great guy to deal with.

15 hours ago, szav said:

This is the only book I've ever purchased from Gary Dolgoff, off ebay, despite seeing his adds in the OPG for years and years ...he called it a stricly graded vg/f.  Again I defer to the experts.

Sheena17cgc75.JPG

That is a lovely date stamp! :x

On 11/14/2020 at 12:39 PM, Miamiknight3434 said:

Hey gang

just wanted to drop in and show you my new book. I'm so giddy right now. This was one of those books that not a lot of folks will understand how tough it is to acquire. I'm not going to hit you with any cgc data because there isn't much lol I honestly I thought I would of found this book in the next 2-3 years but thanks to the fiction house gods this low grade copy popped up on ebay and I was extremely happy to have won it. I want to thank a few members who I have reached out to educate me on the scarcity of this book. Thank you to @Tsp99  @Drgoldage @walclark and a special thank you to @kelholt for all his knowledge on the book.

well here it is

20201114_151627.thumb.jpg.f31d546a714eb65eb2e1375a9cf3c204.jpg

I automatically think of this meme when I posted this 

work.jpg.7977bbc000a904aa97c53e037025e2b4.jpg

Serious question, is this the rarest of all Fiction House books?

Love this Zolnerowich cover! Well done!