• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,750 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2021 at 5:07 PM, SuperGrover said:

Wow, very excited to get this one in the mail today! :acclaim:

Thanks to John(JB123) for letting me get this one. And it's even sweeter because I might have even caught Comcav sleeping to win this one. Well... that's my story anyway and I am sticking to it! :insane:

Rangers 14 cgc 4 (3).JPG

Man I used to have that in my GA collection back in the 90s. Got it from Steve at Outer Limits in Waltham Mass for around $45. My how times have changed! Always been an amazing Rangers cover. Adding to my Fiction House want list.

43 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

The 5.0 just arrived from CGC.  Sweet Zolne jungle cover.

Trying to decide which one I like better hm.

Nice! They both look great but I prefer the color pop on the 5.0. Heck of a 5.0!

7 hours ago, Point Five said:

Nice! They both look great but I prefer the color pop on the 5.0. Heck of a 5.0!

It is like trying to decide between Rib Eye and New York Strip. Pont Five makes a good point. The lack of fading on the 5.0 really makes it stand out. Now the 6.5 is still beautiful and the fade is nowhere near as bad as some Fiction House. Looking at each book separately I would love either, but when you put them side by side that color "pop", as Point Five says, does make it stand out. And yes, it IS a heck of a 5.0. 

13 hours ago, Point Five said:

6 hours ago, PovertyRow said:

It is like trying to decide between Rib Eye and New York Strip. Pont Five makes a good point. The lack of fading on the 5.0 really makes it stand out. Now the 6.5 is still beautiful and the fade is nowhere near as bad as some Fiction House. Looking at each book separately I would love either, but when you put them side by side that color "pop", as Point Five says, does make it stand out. And yes, it IS a heck of a 5.0. 

Yes, I agree.  With Fiction House and all of it's crazy color variation, a good color strike is king.  Also, the 5.0 has OW/W pages, while the 6.5 is CR/OW.  The 5.0 is the winner in my book.

13 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Yes, I agree.  With Fiction House and all of it's crazy color variation, a good color strike is king.  Also, the 5.0 has OW/W pages, while the 6.5 is CR/OW.  The 5.0 is the winner in my book.

You speak the truth! Fiction House is notorious for using some inks with fugitive pigments (especially in the yellow/magenta) that are more susceptible to fading from age and especially light. 

Edited by PovertyRow
spilling