• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,726 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Man, that's one pretty book! Spectacular color. Green covers are always my favorite and that one has more green than the US Mint...

I looked through all the Jumbos and Jungles hoping for something affordable.:wishluck:

Full runs of both in that auction, I think.  This Kentucky fellow put together a nice collection.  Wish there was more info.

I picked this one because it's straight as an arrow with good pages and, uh, Sheena.

Hopefully the colors are at or near the scan, we'll see.

I'll be cracking it out to read at some point.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Green covers are always my favorite and that one has more green than the US Mint...

Fun Fact:  The human eye can discern more shades of green than any other color.

6 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Red is a shade of green, right?

Red is the bestest shade of green evuh! :cloud9:

On 4/17/2021 at 5:49 PM, vheflin said:

I looked through all the Jumbos and Jungles hoping for something affordable.:wishluck:

Full runs of both in that auction, I think.  This Kentucky fellow put together a nice collection.  Wish there was more info.

Yes, always thought the final few issues for the FH titles were a bit tougher to find and yet the prices for the Jungle's were a bit of a steal.  :applause:

Perfect example, being this bright and action packed gorgeous looking copy here, with a total of only 4 Universal copies slabbed to date so far:   :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/901414

jun1.1813.jpg

Definitely hard to resist a late issue Jungle at what seems to be a relative bargain basement price of only $105 plus the 15% BP.  :whatthe:   :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

Another example would be this final last issue in the Jungle run and the 2nd highest graded copy out of a total of only 8 slabbed copies:  :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/901411

jun1.1810.jpg

Although at a substantially higher price point, but seemingly still at a relative reasonable price point of only $268 plus the 15% BP.  (thumbsu

On 4/9/2021 at 9:34 PM, Miamiknight3434 said:

Today is a big day for my fiction house collection. I've wanted a copy of any of the first 8 jumbos ever sense I saw one in person @Sardo Numspar house. In my heart 7 was my favorite so as things would have it. I was fortunate enough to get #7. Thank you Mike for allowing me to get this bad boy.

20210409_212647.jpg

Awesome, Ivan!! Amazing piece of history.

17 minutes ago, Miamiknight3434 said:

I wanted to bump this amazing thread to page 1 and what better way to do so then showing some Jungle comics some love

20210428_183749.jpg

Wow those are most of the best covers of the run IMO! Nice