• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,701 posts in this topic

Another Planet off the list. I don't know about what other Planet collectors think, but I think that 12-20 are all tough to find with an extra level of "tough" to 13,14,15, and 17. Ultimately 15 is the toughest of all. Anyway, I digress to this Planet #17. I was super excited to not only find a #17, but it is in great condition with only two graded higher ( a 9.4 I will never ever see and an 8.0). This one is no where near as red as Parkers copy, but I will definitely cherish my copy.

Also on a seperate note.......man I love Zolnerowich covers!!

36dea975.jpg

parker's FORMER copy--the whole rivet run, 'cept for 1 and 22 [needed for my p'gree run--toledo] were sold this week to an anonymous boardie. kel recalls well; the old boy is red.

planet17.jpg

...always interested in the true reds! I believe that the colors in #17 could have been even more vivid - I once just missed out on a really low grade copy on ebay that indicated as much - but the scan was too small to be worth keeping.The search goes on...

Another Planet off the list. I don't know about what other Planet collectors think, but I think that 12-20 are all tough to find with an extra level of "tough" to 13,14,15, and 17. Ultimately 15 is the toughest of all. Anyway, I digress to this Planet #17. I was super excited to not only find a #17, but it is in great condition with only two graded higher ( a 9.4 I will never ever see and an 8.0). This one is no where near as red as Parkers copy, but I will definitely cherish my copy.

Also on a seperate note.......man I love Zolnerowich covers!!

36dea975.jpg

parker's FORMER copy--the whole rivet run, 'cept for 1 and 22 [needed for my p'gree run--toledo] were sold this week to an anonymous boardie. kel recalls well; the old boy is red.

planet17.jpg

...always interested in the true reds! I believe that the colors in #17 could have been even more vivid - I once just missed out on a really low grade copy on ebay that indicated as much - but the scan was too small to be worth keeping.The search goes on...

...and here is my upgrade, just in today from its journey across the pond - some small trace of red, but the book is a bit yellower than my scanner translates:

PlanetComics1765.jpg

...and the #23 that came with it:

PlanetComics2365001.jpg

:whee:

Cross posting this here. I gotta say that all of these Planets are making it hard to stay focused.

FightComics22front.jpg

Stunning comic! Hard to choose between Fights and Planets! :acclaim:

Yes....and Jumbos, and Jungles, and Rangers too....!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

Cross posting this here. I gotta say that all of these Planets are making it hard to stay focused.

Stunning comic! Hard to choose between Fights and Planets! :acclaim:

I almost bit when Parker showed his rivet run. Each week is getting harder than the last to not bite the bullet and add some to the collection.

Funny you should mention Jungles ... I got a few in today's mail bag -

Nice!!!! :applause: You should be almost finished with the Jungles by now shouldn't you....how many more do you need...and what about the Jumbo's and Lorna's??? hm