• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,725 posts in this topic

Nice Rangers, adam - I'd not seen that one before.

I was lucky to pick up a handful of cheetah's Planets when they came up on Heritage, this one among them. Does anyone else have any of Jeff's ex-copies?

PlanetComics49CGC94_zps572464e2.jpg

I should get the graders notes for my 49, it is in extremely nice shape with sharp corners and great colors. Other than the "R" on the cover I can't see anything else wrong with the book and it looks more like a 9.2-9.4 to me. (shrug)

From Flex to Bedrock to Cheetah, then back to Bedrock...

fight4.jpg

:taptaptap: My turn!

Shall we start discussing trade?

I should get the graders notes for my 49, it is in extremely nice shape with sharp corners and great colors. Other than the "R" on the cover I can't see anything else wrong with the book and it looks more like a 9.2-9.4 to me. (shrug)

Yes, it sure looks a lot nicer than 7.5.

From Flex to Bedrock to Cheetah, then back to Bedrock...

fight4.jpg

:taptaptap: My turn!

Shall we start discussing trade?

Busted!

wow that is a nice book!

I would like to get a Church Planet...any issue number.

Here's another one of cheetah's ex's. Very misleading scan makes the book look miscut - in fact its the microchamber paper peeking out.

PlanetComics55CGC94_zpsbe0a05ee.jpg

really nice colors on your 9.4.

Here is a terrible scan of mine. Top right front corner is there it is just rounding over the interior pages:

PlanetComics55CGC60_zpsb19cf0bf.jpg

As far as I know the run is still essentially intact.

Pretty excited about these books. Just about decided that the only way I can afford those early Planets is to buy them restored. These three came from the same bound volume (I think) and have had some excellent restoration work done to fix the glue/binding damage. Colors are pretty, so who cares about a few mm of paper being trimmed? Not this guy.

(BTW, anyone who has others like these you would like to sell, I'm your man - seriously)

This one is a 9.0:

Fiction%20House%20-%20Planet%20Comics%20009%201_zps2727bd28.jpg

These two are on their way to me right now, so I'll re-post new pictures once they've been released back into the wild:

Planet%20004_zps93bjmkaa.jpg

Planet%2005_zpsmnkpqll4.jpg

As far as I know the run is still essentially intact.

What I was thinking, but thanks for the coroboration. I have wondered if we might eventually see them all in a CC auction...

It would be cool.