• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,726 posts in this topic

I would assume that it is not just the #1 that has not yet been graded, but probably the entire run has not been yet been graded. No real point in grading something from my point of view, unless you are planning to sell it. (shrug)

Check out the census, guys. It looks like they've been graded now.

This cover has all of the classic ingredients and I like the yellow background. I really like the run from #17- #29.

PlanetComics24CGC8_zps51cea512.jpg

sweet copy of 24!

Mine is raw, but is also fairly nice:

PlanetComics24front_zps6a071bfb.jpg

Nice one, Karl.

For years I thought that #32 was also a yellow cover as standard, until I happened to search for Planets on Heritage and to my amazement discovered a huge variation from one copy to another. A lot of covers don't work well when the colors are less layered, but in the case of #32, it works pretty well regardless.

PlanetComics3275.jpg

Nice one, Karl.

For years I thought that #32 was also a yellow cover as standard, until I happened to search for Planets on Heritage and to my amazement discovered a huge variation from one copy to another. A lot of covers don't work well when the colors are less layered, but in the case of #32, it works pretty well regardless.

PlanetComics3275.jpg

A very nice color gradation from the orange to almost a red at the bottom. Nice copy!

here is mine, a raw 8.0. Quite the difference in colors between our books. The yellow on mine is quite strong so I think this is just another Fiction House printing variance:

PlanetComics32raw80_zps99ef463b.jpg

Nice one, Karl.

PlanetComics3275.jpg

A very nice color gradation from the orange to almost a red at the bottom. Nice copy!

here is mine, a raw 8.0. Quite the difference in colors between our books. The yellow on mine is quite strong so I think this is just another Fiction House printing variance:

PlanetComics32raw80_zps99ef463b.jpg

Absolutely..... if it were faded, that purple would be gone as well..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

#16 doesn't get the love like surrounding issues, even though it is GGA ('Good God Art')

PlanetComics16CGC85_zps562f48ca.jpg

16 is another one that I have seen vast differences of color. The green especially.

#16 doesn't get the love like surrounding issues, even though it is GGA ('Good God Art')

PlanetComics16CGC85_zps562f48ca.jpg

I really like 16 too, it has an awesome 'Mars God of war' cover, a great long running story line. This is the only cover featuring him.

This book is also sneaky difficult to locate. Not as elusive as 17,18, or 19 but difficult.

Here is mine...

image_zpsxozgn21p.jpeg

Nice one, Karl.

PlanetComics3275.jpg

Wow, that almost hurts my eyes! Hard to settle on Friction House books with faded color...

Copies of #7 consistently seem to have fairly strong colors, so far as I have seen. The pre-Zolnerowitz covers seem to belong to a different age.

Planet775_zps03259269.jpg

my 7 has very strong colors, especially the red:

PlanetComics7front_zpsaf88e75c.jpg

Copies of #7 consistently seem to have fairly strong colors, so far as I have seen. The pre-Zolnerowitz covers seem to belong to a different age.

Planet775_zps03259269.jpg

I totally agree. There is something timeless about those early pre-Z Planet covers, with their colors and compositions. Not to take anything away from the great Zolnerowich of course!

wings38.jpg

Oh! by Jingo, that one's a corker!

In the land of San Domingo,

Lived a girl called Oh! by Jingo,

Ja da Ja da da da da da, ump-a, ump-a, ump-a, ump-a,

From the fields and from the marshes,

Came the old and young by goshes,

Ja da Ja da da da da da da, ump-a, ump-a, ump-a, ump-a,

They all spoke with a diff’rent lingo,

But they all loved Oh by Jingo,

And ev’ry night they sang in the pale moonlight.