• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,726 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, path4play said:

Forgive me if posted before, but found this a partner

1172017055.jpg

In this.. 

1172017062.jpg

Glad you found one i really like the pulp much better but that is just me (thumbsu

On 2/3/2018 at 11:48 AM, Robot Man said:

Well, since you brought it up...

comrangers26.JPG

pulpwings1945.jpg

Very cool, RM! Very little attempt to change the layout and details much at all. 

I think the pulp is the better version. More nuanced yet more perky.

On 2/3/2018 at 10:48 AM, Robot Man said:

Well, since you brought it up...

comrangers26.JPG

pulpwings1945.jpg

2 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Very cool, RM! Very little attempt to change the layout and details much at all. 

I think the pulp is the better version. More nuanced yet more perky.

More thigh too :blush:

3 hours ago, Supernerd said:

I know this piece should probably be presented in the OA section, but I thought it would be appropriate to share this cool Lily Renee Lost World page from Planet Comics #37 in the Fiction House thread.  Something about the rendering and flow of this piece caught my eye when Metropolis had it on display at last years C2E2 while they were promoting the upcoming Berk auction.  The scan definitely doesn't do it justice, but this page is one of my favorite comic-related pickups over the last year :) 

image.png.0900e6e7f2d557407faa5bdbced8e6a3.png

Beautiful piece! If @Ricksneatstuff hadn't run up the price for the Lost World splash page from Planet #37 in the same Berk auction :baiting:, I might've been tempted to chase after this one. Glad to see it went to a boardie.

1 minute ago, Zolnerowich said:

Beautiful piece! If @Ricksneatstuff hadn't run up the price for the Lost World splash page from Planet #37 in the same Berk auction :baiting:, I might've been tempted to chase after this one. Glad to see it went to a boardie.

I really wanted that one but I gotta hand it to you (worship)

14 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Thanks for the kind words, good sir!  I definitely had my eyes on the splash page for Planet #37 as well during the auction :).  You really ended up with a lovely piece.

1 hour ago, Supernerd said:

Thanks for the kind words, good sir!  I definitely had my eyes on the splash page for Planet #37 as well during the auction :).  You really ended up with a lovely piece.

Thanks Supernerd! (To be honest, isn’t everyone on these GA boards a supernerd?)

You’re right, that page of yours really does flow nicely. There’s great drama unfolding with the arrival of the spaceship, and then the big reveal -- totally bizarre sponge aliens. This page is a winner.