• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,726 posts in this topic

Why not the last Fight purchase?

:bump:

A couple of weeks ago, I thought I had nailed down Fight # 34, the last issue I need in the dreaded 30's off eBay. I paid and then ... PointFive sends me a PM that he has MY book ??? The eBay seller mis-shipped the book to him and for some reason .5 suspects I might have bought the book (he had purchased several sweet Fights from the same seller). OK, no problem, the gods are on my side, the book is in honest hands and not lost forever ... except even though the centerfold is still there, it's missing at least 4 pages!! :mad:

In the meantime, I was excited and decided to buy the Fight 71 off Jeff Weaver (I had seen but not bought the book at Baltimore Con, deciding I'd wait on the 71, getting first the tougher 34 :tonofbricks: ).

After Jon shipped the book to me, I shipped it back to the seller and received my refund today.

Still on the hunt for a 34 now :cry:

A couple of weeks ago, I thought I had nailed down Fight # 34, the last issue I need in the dreaded 30's off eBay. I paid and then ... PointFive sends me a PM that he has MY book ??? The eBay seller mis-shipped the book to him and for some reason .5 suspects I might have bought the book (he had purchased several sweet Fights from the same seller). OK, no problem, the gods are on my side, the book is in honest hands and not lost forever ... except that it's missing 4 pages!! :mad:

In the meantime, I was excited and decided to buy the Fight 71 off Jeff Weaver (I had seen but not bought the book at Baltimore Con, deciding I'd wait on the 71, getting first the tougher 34 :tonofbricks: ).

After Jon shipped the book to me, I shipped it back to the seller and received my refund today.

For all this hard work, I'm sure a copy will come your way soon. :wishluck:

A couple of weeks ago, I thought I had nailed down Fight # 34, the last issue I need in the dreaded 30's off eBay. I paid and then ... PointFive sends me a PM that he has MY book ??? The eBay seller mis-shipped the book to him and for some reason .5 suspects I might have bought the book (he had purchased several sweet Fights from the same seller). OK, no problem, the gods are on my side, the book is in honest hands and not lost forever ... except that it's missing 4 pages!! :mad:

For all this hard work, I'm sure a copy will come your way soon. :wishluck:

I'm with Joanna on this - another copy could turn up at any time - and you have the best early warning system a boardie could ask for!

A couple of weeks ago, I thought I had nailed down Fight # 34, the last issue I need in the dreaded 30's off eBay. I paid and then ... PointFive sends me a PM that he has MY book ??? The eBay seller mis-shipped the book to him and for some reason .5 suspects I might have bought the book (he had purchased several sweet Fights from the same seller). OK, no problem, the gods are on my side, the book is in honest hands and not lost forever ... except even though the centerfold is still there, it's missing at least 4 pages!! :mad:

Glad the refund worked out...good to hear. (thumbs u

Actually, I think you should have all your GA purchases shipped to me for vetting from now on. I'll be sure to pass on to you only the books that will meet your standards. :devil:

Actually, I think you should have all your GA purchases shipped to me for vetting from now on. I'll be sure to pass on to you only the books that will meet your standards. :devil:

You mean like those missing 4 pages? You should change your name to PGX, Jr. :baiting:

You mean like those missing 4 pages? You should change your name to PGX, Jr. :baiting:

Ouch!

Ouch!

And you never did explain what that Planet thing you posted was. :baiting:

Ouch!

And you never did explain what that Planet thing you posted was. :baiting:

Scrooooge! Cheetah's picking on me again! :makepoint:

Actually to be clear, .5 let me know that the book was missing the 4 pages. Then he shipped it to me so I could :cry: once I had it in hand!

Well...that kinda takes the fun out of it.

Actually to be clear, .5 let me know that the book was missing the 4 pages. Then he shipped it to me so I could :cry: once I had it in hand!

Yeah - we want fun!

Fun?.......... hm ....................How about the next time a Fight #34 comes up on ebay we all throw down punishment bids........that would be fun. :cloud9:

Yeah - we want fun!

Fun?.......... hm ....................How about the next time a Fight #34 comes up on ebay we all throw down punishment bids........that would be fun. :cloud9:

:whistle:

fight034.jpg