• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,750 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, kelholt said:

1. I also prefer it under one roof

2. More Jungle comics love...

IMG_4163.JPG

Those early Jungles are radiant! This one is no exception!

Note Kaänga's unique battle strategy of putting his left foot inside the monster's mouth. :whatthe:

Note my respectful use of the umlaut in Kaänga.   :gossip:

2 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Those early Jungles are radiant! This one is no exception!

Note Kaänga's unique battle strategy of putting his left foot inside the monster's mouth. :whatthe:

Note my respectful use of the umlaut in Kaänga.   :gossip:

Always show respect to the umlaut (worship)

6 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Yes, that did stand out for me as well. And it does seem a tad more scarce than surrounding issues. Here's mine.

PlanetComics26CGC80_zpsfb90ca37.JPG

Here is mine for additional comparison:

PlanetComics26raw55_zps9ef9bf00.jpg

A friend of mine, who is old-school and doesn't use the CGC forums, has been putting together a run of *every* Fiction House comic issue for *every* title (except Planet....he's had a tough time with Planet Comics). One of these days I'm going to get him to let me take photos of his collection so I can post it here. I posted some of his WTB issues (like Rangers #2) in the WTB area. I'm trying to get him to join the CGC forums but like I said, he's old-school -- someone from the era when the San Diego Comic-Con was at the El Cortez hotel. Also, he is one of those purists who doesn't get anything graded, though I have debated him on that subject a little bit, and now he's coming around to the idea of grading certain issues.

Among his favorite issues in his collection are his two copies of Jumbo #7, which apparently is a Gerber 10.

He asked me to ask you Fiction House experts the following question.

"Hope all is well.  Just wondering if you could check with the boardies and find out why CGC has no graded copies of Jumbo Comics 1 to 8.  I was under the impression it was because of their size (so much larger than the other books) that they wouldn't fit in the standard CGC holders.  However, it seems like they could use a magazine size holder and they shouldn't be excluded from grading.  I would like to know since I am seriously considering getting those books graded (if it can be done)."

By the way, in case you're thinking of answering with, "Why doesn't he just contact CGC and find out directly?", that is the first thing I told him. Still, I thought it might be illuminating to hear some input from the board experts. (If you look at the CGC census, it begins with Jumbo #9.)

Thanks.

Edited by Doohickamabob