• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,750 posts in this topic

Here we go Cimm, 89 Jumbos for a rainy english Sunday:

th_JumboComics1060.jpgth_JumboComics1250.jpgth_JumboComics1365.jpgth_JumboComics1460.jpg th_JumboComics1850.jpgth_JumboComics2060.jpg th_JumboComics2860.jpgth_JumboComics2985.jpg th_JumboComics3460.jpgth_JumboComics3570.jpgth_JumboComics3680.jpgth_JumboComics3770.jpgth_JumboComics3820.jpgth_JumboComics3970.jpgth_JumboComics4085.jpgth_JumboComics4270.jpgth_JumboComics4370.jpgth_JumboComics4465.jpgth_JumboComics4575.jpgth_JumboComics4670.jpgth_JumboComics4770.jpgth_JumboComics4865.jpgth_JumboComics4970.jpgth_JumboComics5192.jpgth_JumboComics5290.jpgth_JumboComics5345.jpgth_JumboComics5455.jpgth_JumboComics5545.jpgth_JumboComics5670.jpgth_JumboComics5770-1.jpgth_JumboComics5870.jpgth_JumboComics5985.jpgth_JumboComics6080.jpgth_JumboComics6165.jpgth_JumboComics6275.jpgth_JumboComics6370.jpgth_JumboComics6470.jpgth_JumboComics6585.jpgth_JumboComics6792.jpgth_JumboComics6892.jpgth_JumboComics7080.jpgth_JumboComics7265.jpgth_JumboComics7465.jpgth_JumboComics7690.jpgth_JumboComics7775.jpgth_JumboComics7880.jpgth_JumboComics8480.jpgth_JumboComics8680.jpgth_JumboComics8785.jpgth_JumboComics8975.jpgth_JumboComics9280.jpgth_JumboComics9375.jpgth_JumboComics9690.jpgth_JumboComics9880.jpgth_JumboComics10070.jpgth_JumboComics10385.jpgth_JumboComics10485.jpgth_JumboComics10585.jpgth_JumboComics11180.jpgth_JumboComics11585.jpgth_JumboComics11885.jpgth_JumboComics11990.jpgth_JumboComics12090.jpgth_JumboComics13060.jpgth_JumboComics13175.jpgth_JumboComics13270.jpgth_JumboComics14180.jpgth_JumboComics14380.jpgth_JumboComics14580.jpgth_JumboComics14692.jpgth_JumboComics14775.jpgth_JumboComics14840.jpgth_JumboComics14965.jpgth_JumboComics15075.jpgth_JumboComics15170.jpgth_JumboComics15255.jpgth_JumboComics15375.jpgth_JumboComics15460.jpgth_JumboComics15565.jpgth_JumboComics15645.jpgth_JumboComics15770.jpgth_JumboComics15855.jpgth_JumboComics15960.jpgth_JumboComics16070.jpgth_JumboComics16250.jpgth_JumboComics16340.jpgth_JumboComics16570.jpgth_JumboComics16675.jpg

Such a fascinating title - so many phases, so many great artists - yet Sheena is there from start to finish! I especially like the Whitman covers, but there are so many classic covers throughout the run!

That is a great set! I really like Jumbos. I've been diligently working on scanning all my GA books and, one day (I hope), I'll post a mosaic of mine, too.

Here we go Cimm, 89 Jumbos for a rainy english Sunday:

Nice Jumbo collection! Wanna sell me that 70? :baiting:

As part payment for your #31? :sumo:

um... er...

No.

According to PGX, that 31 has slight color touch. You wouldn't want something like that stinking up your purdy collection.

Also, after looking at your post, I want a 46 and to find a nice 51. Jumbo 51 seems to be a difficult book to find in mid-high grade.

That is a great set! I really like Jumbos. I've been diligently working on scanning all my GA books and, one day (I hope), I'll post a mosaic of mine, too.

Thanks, from you that's a great compliment, but still almost half to go! And yes, content wise it is a great set.

As for your mosaic, I was kind of hoping a few other guys might show and tell - how about a work in progress, even if all the scans arent in yet? :juggle:

um... er...

No.

According to PGX, that 31 has slight color touch. You wouldn't want something like that stinking up your purdy collection.

Also, after looking at your post, I want a 46 and to find a nice 51. Jumbo 51 seems to be a difficult book to find in mid-high grade.

Well. if you ever upgrade your #31, I'll be your huckleberry, color touch or not!

Comiclink had a nice #51 put up maybe a year ago. I really like the cover. Here's my copy:

JumboComics5192.jpg

And this is the first true stinker I've ever gotten back from CGC. Once I looked at it closely, I could see the tell-tale signs of trimming. Of course, you'd be slightly brittle, too, if you had a guy stabbling an ape with a screw driver on your cover.

Jungle9560001.jpg

And this is the first true stinker I've ever gotten back from CGC. Once I looked at it closely, I could see the tell-tale signs of trimming. Of course, you'd be slightly brittle, too, if you had a guy stabbling an ape with a screw driver on your cover.

Jungle9560001.jpg

I think that's an icepick. IIRC, Kaanga and Ann were about to sit down for cocktails afer a long day of slaying evil slave traders when the gorilla burst in causing Kaanga to accidentally pour way too much vermouth into the gin, thus ruining the entire pitcher of Martinis. Kaanga grabbed the ice pick to exact the appropriate revenge.

It's a lesser-known plot device for Jungle Comics, but a classic nonetheless.

Jungle9560001.jpg

I think that's an icepick. IIRC, Kaanga and Ann were about to sit down for cocktails afer a long day of slaying evil slave traders when the gorilla burst in causing Kaanga to accidentally pour way too much vermouth into the gin, thus ruining the entire pitcher of Martinis. Kaanga grabbed the ice pick to exact the appropriate revenge.

You are mistaken because Marguarittas are the appropriate drink after a hot day in the Jungle. Who would need an ice pick when they were making martinis?

You must be getting it mixed up with the time Kaanga threw a jar of pickled onions in the gorilla's eyes and they then fought it out with those little tiny plastic swords. Classic story.

Jungle9560001.jpg

You are mistaken because Marguarittas are the appropriate drink after a hot day in the Jungle. Who would need an ice pick when they were making martinis?

You must be getting it mixed up with the time Kaanga threw a jar of pickled onions in the gorilla's eyes and they then fought it out with those little tiny plastic swords. Classic story.

Your both missing the obvious - clearly it depicts a log rolling contest, the ape is throwing his arms up in celebration of a hard fought victory. That Kaanga guy is just being a sore loser! If I could read his thoughts I'm guessing he'd be saying "No mere ape can defeat the mighty Kaanga at log rolling and be allowed to live! My trusty ice pick will ensure that this one never log rolls again!"

Jungle9560001.jpg

You must be getting it mixed up with the time Kaanga threw a jar of pickled onions

in the gorilla's eyes and they then fought it out with those little tiny plastic swords. Classic story.

Your both missing the obvious - clearly it depicts a log rolling contest, the ape is throwing his arms up in celebration of a hard fought victory. That Kaanga guy is just being a sore loser! If I could read his thoughts I'm guessing he'd be saying "No mere ape can defeat the mighty Kaanga at log rolling and be allowed to live! My trusty ice pick will ensure that this one never log rolls again!"

:roflmao:

This is some of the best heated debate discussion I have ever seen over a purple label book.

P.S. It is a pretty book but......... My vote is for ice pick.

Edited by kelholt

Jungle9560001.jpg

I think you are getting this confused with Fiction House's other title, 'Kaanga of the Yukon.'

Sweet!!! :cloud9:

What a difference a little bit of red makes.

Jumbo9196001.jpgJumbo9192001.jpg

This is Fiction House related, I just received this very nice trophy in the mail today. The CGC Registry is an extra added level of fun to a collection. CGC is a couple steps ahead of other certification companies( baseball cards, coins, etc.) in the way it relates to it's demographic. One example is evidenced in their registry awards.

To keep it even more relavent to this thread, I sat my favorite Planet right next to it.

923baff4.jpg

This is Fiction House related, I just received this very nice trophy in the mail today. The CGC Registry is an extra added level of fun to a collection. CGC is a couple steps ahead of other certification companies( baseball cards, coins, etc.) in the way it relates to it's demographic. One example is evidenced in their registry awards.

To keep it even more relavent to this thread, I sat my favorite Planet right next to it.

923baff4.jpg

Congrats, Kelly! That is the most beautiful #33 I have ever seen!

Oh, and congrats on the award too!