• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large Estate of collectibles & merchandise - need advice
3 3

118 posts in this topic

Honestly I don't get the sense there is anything of value from what you've shown. I would bid very low. It's as much trouble as it's worth

Seriously. Some real nice stuff in there

I don't think anyone is saying there is nothing of value. However the sheer volume of drek would prevent most people from even making an offer, if it's a matter of all or nothing. Better uses of capital and time. Now, if I lived in that town and had a warehouse sitting vacant, it would be a different story. I'd much rather deal with the auction house and pay more for the items I want then deal with so much bulk.

I agree--but to say, there's "nothing of value" is extreme.

Edited by underthebigw

Unfortunately they sports cards in the pictures have almost no value. The exception is that box of 1989 Score football which is Barry Sanders' rookie year.

Early Michael Jordan cards too

+1 There's a huge market for '86 Jordans, even a vg rookie or sticker is an easy flip.

Hey all,

The family holding this estate is finally decided to part with it. Wanted to bump this thread to help them out. I am NOT looking to make any money, just trying to help out a friend's family.

-bc

Yes I remembered you had talked about this topic. The family finally made the decision to let them all go? I had inquired about the Superman lamps ... had forgotten about that since.

Are they just wanting to get rid of all of it in bulk, or piece any of it out? The X-Men watch(es) and the 1992 X-Men toy line summit paperwork look interesting to me though I don't know the value of either offhand, as those are the only X-Men things I saw in the pictures, but I wouldn't want to go near the entire thing (the wife would kill me).

10 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Wait till I pass away, sheesh! I would hate to be the one to go through all my sheit.:tonofbricks:

No dad - we have already has this talk - as soon as you depart, I back the truck up and remove the burden from the rest of the family........

2 hours ago, Cocomonkey said:

Are they just wanting to get rid of all of it in bulk, or piece any of it out? The X-Men watch(es) and the 1992 X-Men toy line summit paperwork look interesting to me though I don't know the value of either offhand, as those are the only X-Men things I saw in the pictures, but I wouldn't want to go near the entire thing (the wife would kill me).

Bulk unload.

Hey all,

Thanks for the many inquiries. 

This thread started last year. Several parties expressed interest but the family did not wish to part with it then. When they contacted me last week and said they were ready to part with the collection, I supplied them with the original interested parties contact info and bumped this thread in case they needed to reference it (since this is over a year old).

As of yesterday (2/4/18), one of the original parties has made a tentative offer and will be visiting the collection shortly. If that fails to materialize, I will pass along any new parties contact info.

I have no idea what the family is looking for cash wise. They want to unload it in bulk. Just trying to help them out and hopefully, find a new steward for this estate.

-bc

On 1/8/2017 at 4:53 PM, bc said:

I giggled when I opened a box and found a case of used Superman Peanut Butter jars carefully cleaned and conserved:

IMG_20170105_200847257_zps8quo81ds.jpg

A box of train stuff:

IMG_20170105_201044888_zpsr6dnkeiq.jpg

Found a container of cards, some unopened sets:

IMG_20170105_201314986_zpsnwxvc52b.jpg

IMG_20170105_201351631_zpscmnoymln.jpg

IMG_20170105_201401882_zpsaq1s5t82.jpg

IMG_20170105_201436410_zpsxkx3y6xr.jpg

I wonder if that peanut butter jar still had moldering peanut butter inside would there be anyone willing to buy it? I'd think someone would be

20 hours ago, bc said:

Hey all,

Thanks for the many inquiries. 

This thread started last year. Several parties expressed interest but the family did not wish to part with it then. When they contacted me last week and said they were ready to part with the collection, I supplied them with the original interested parties contact info and bumped this thread in case they needed to reference it (since this is over a year old).

As of yesterday (2/4/18), one of the original parties has made a tentative offer and will be visiting the collection shortly. If that fails to materialize, I will pass along any new parties contact info.

I have no idea what the family is looking for cash wise. They want to unload it in bulk. Just trying to help them out and hopefully, find a new steward for this estate.

-bc

I get what they wanted to do with the collection, unload everything once. Easier for them than to sell separately. The part I am surprised is that it took the family a year to reach a decision. I suspected they took their time to research all items by value and figured out what they wanted for everything once. They’re not stupid, I guess.

1 hour ago, Fan Boy said:

I get what they wanted to do with the collection, unload everything once. Easier for them than to sell separately. The part I am surprised is that it took the family a year to reach a decision. I suspected they took their time to research all items by value and figured out what they wanted for everything once. They’re not stupid, I guess.

The owner passed very suddenly and the widow is finally over the grieving period and ready to part with a house, basement & garage full of his cherished collection. The family has shown zero interest in anything thus far - if anything, I sense a little frustration & panic having to deal with all of this (which is a reminder to me to keep my plans updated to make it simple for my daughter).

Heck, even I wouldn't know where to begin trying to figure out a value - the pics only account for a small fraction of what I saw. Hence my appeal for advice here on the boards.

-bc