• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2017 SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD
2 2

471 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ron C. said:

This image just came in of my latest commission from Frank A. Kadar. I requested a Wonder Woman/ Lynda Carter montage and.....WOW! Thank you Frank!! I know this took you many days to complete but I am happy to be the lucky recipient.  :banana:

Kadar WW Carter.jpg

I figured it was you who picked that up. I picked up his Punisher/DD.  Great sketch! Going to see what Ash can do with this.....BBAC3FDE-ED78-4199-98F3-6730856AD322_zps

15 hours ago, ivdyer said:

I figured it was you who picked that up. I picked up his Punisher/DD.  Great sketch! Going to see what Ash can do with this.....BBAC3FDE-ED78-4199-98F3-6730856AD322_zps

Ohhhh we all know what Ash can/will do on this.......we all know.....

19 hours ago, Ron C. said:

This image just came in of my latest commission from Frank A. Kadar. I requested a Wonder Woman/ Lynda Carter montage and.....WOW! Thank you Frank!! I know this took you many days to complete but I am happy to be the lucky recipient.  :banana:

Kadar WW Carter.jpg

Thrilled you love, it was a blast and challenge to do it. It's going to look great graded. 

Edited by FAKadar

I haven't played the sketch game much lately but have three that I'm proud of.  Sorry for the individual posts, I like to keep the comments with the book and attaching them doesn't allow that.  

We'll start with one I'm really kind of tickled to have.  My goal is to put together the New Teen Titans by George Pérez.  This makes my second and I've found a third, leaving Cyborg, Wonder Girl, and Changeling to go! 

Justice League Perez Sta533.jpg

The last one is my favorite of the bunch.  I caught Neal Adams with no line Sunday morning in kC.  We chit chatted and I asked about a sketch but requested that it not be the usual profile that he does, preferring a straight-on sketch of Deadman, similar to the #1 from 1985.  He said he would but could do something even better if I'd take a chance.  I agreed, cash was exchanged and he set to work.  I swear he can just print money.  I don't know that it took him a full 30 minutes and that was while talking on the phone and working his table.  I think it turned out awesome.  Deadman has been a favorite since I first discovered him around 1986.  I give that date because I had to fish the mini series out of the back issues, so I know it had finished.  

JLU Deadman Adams528.jpg

1 hour ago, Drbearsec said:

My Frank Miller DK3 Sketch came back finally.  Even better, Azzarello happened to be there and got his signature at the same time.

IMG_1948.jpg

Looks like Frank has a new signature style! 

14 minutes ago, MedicAR said:

Looks like Frank has a new signature style! 

He must... all three books he signed used the same style.   I was a little disappointed my DKR #1 First only came back a 9.6 but I'm probably not gonna sell it anytime soon so no worries.  Just when you see the sales prices for the 9.8 signed vs the 9.6...sigh.

19 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Charlie, where did you get that Lynda Carter signed blank??? You are right, Ash will have fun with that one.  Also, great pick-up with Frank Kadar's DD/Punisher cover!  I was eyeing that one as well. :)

19 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

Charlie, where did you get that Lynda Carter signed blank??? You are right, Ash will have fun with that one.  Also, great pick-up with Frank Kadar's DD/Punisher cover!  I was eyeing that one as well. :)

It was for sale on the copper sales thread along with a few other covers.  They went quick, within an hour or so of posting all the Carter books sold.  Tough signature to get.  When Ash is looking forward to a piece then I know it will be good.  

53 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

It was for sale on the copper sales thread along with a few other covers.  They went quick, within an hour or so of posting all the Carter books sold.  Tough signature to get.  When Ash is looking forward to a piece then I know it will be good.  

Great pick-up! If you see another one and don't have plans for it, please let me know.  (thumbsu