• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2017 SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD
2 2

471 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Dwitkin82 said:

A nice surprise from Dan "Par2ch" at ONESTOPCOMICSHOP.COM

Book.jpg

I really like this idea. Not something you see every day. Nice work.

21 minutes ago, Yoshi said:

I really like this idea. Not something you see every day. Nice work.

Thanks but I cant take any credit for this one. Dan literally messaged me a few weeks back letting me know he had a surprise for me. Guess he had some spare time at his last con. Its things like this that make this hobby great. On another note, there is a member named "ultramanking" (?) who has 2 similar books, but with WAY more signatures from some pretty big named artist too.....

Just wanted to share some wicked Spawn sketches!

The Whilce Portacio sketch is the best looking one I've seen thus far. He was a joy to work with. I had several concepts in mind. Whilce picked his favorite and produced this masterpiece at ECCC. Thanks to Doug for his drop-off and pick-up services!

Spawn 265 Gold Sketch Edition SS F.jpg

...and here is another one...a more classic take on the character.

Tim Sale was the artist on this blank. This is the first and only drawing of Spawn I've seen him do. Got this commission done through Doug at a bargain price.

PS - the Newton Rings are a result of the contrast settings, which are, admittedly, rather high. You can't see them on the actual book.

Spawn 265 Red Sketch Edition SS F.jpg

Edited by newshane

7 hours ago, ivdyer said:

Another one done by Ash Gonzales, he has been killing it for me.  Each and every time I am more impressed with his work.  Headed to Dallas Fan Expo with Doug Peters for Rocky Horror Picture Show Cast Sigs on the back and Tim Curry on the front then off to CGC.  

43CEE6C7-33E8-4765-9498-C204195AC354_zps

Please post the final results, because this cover is amazing.

Will do! I am headed to the show. So, I will be present for the RHPS signatures.  Doug will be handling the Tim Curry signature and may not get to see that one until it comes back from CGC, so it will be a surprise for me as well.  

On 3/27/2017 at 3:36 PM, newshane said:

Just wanted to share some wicked Spawn sketches!

The Whilce Portacio sketch is the best looking one I've seen thus far. He was a joy to work with. I had several concepts in mind. Whilce picked his favorite and produced this masterpiece at ECCC. Thanks to Doug for his drop-off and pick-up services!

Spawn 265 Gold Sketch Edition SS F.jpg

This is CRAZZZYYY!!!