• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NES Classic

125 posts in this topic

I kept looking for an NES classic but couldn't ever find one. I ended up in a retro store buying an actual Nintendo for $60 and Mario, first Zelda, and Ninja Tirtles for my son.

Been playing Mario all morning!

I was pretty young when this came out and was more into super. I don't remember that many games so I'm welcome to suggestions.

Spy Hunter was pretty cool, also I liked Turtles 1 and still own it, ummmm as far as what the classic NES has there is Contra but I liked the first one, Punch Out was good, I'm at a loss for other titles that aren't already in this thread, unless you want to get Batman (I know it was for regular nintendo), Wolverine (when I was young, my dad always got a kick out of me playing, it made him laugh (I guess it was corny)), Xmen that had Gambit was good, you had to pass a stage with each Character to move forward----I'm not sure if Wolverine and Xmen were for regular Nintendo----

Anyway's just some suggestions :)

EDIT: I looked on ebay, I think xmen might have been on snes---Spiderman/Xmen Arcades Revenge and the Wolverine level on that might have been what my dad liked oh well,

there is always Mega Man :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I have one my wife was able get one for retail at best buy. The games are fun but for some games the great thing is the save feature. I remember leaving my original Nes on for long periods of time because some games had no save feature or codes.

Got this and have been loving it. Old-School rules! :headbang:

Baseball stars was the best game on that ... played that a ton ...

So true, I don't even own a NES anymore but I still have that game (the only NES cartridge I own), just in case I ever get another!

Good ole days.......

Great game. I played it a lot

Edited by Jeffro™

Speaking of the save feature, some for the classic NES have it such as Zelda 1&2 and Final Fantasy, but you can't leave the system on for long periods of time because I've tried and it eventually turns itself off. I don't know if it was because of inactivity though, I mean some of those games took a long time to get to the end, would suck to have it turn off just for being on a long time....I keep having this dream that every time you beat one of the games it would unlock a new game for the console, personally I don't want to "hack" my system but to each his own, but I do wish that there were a way to put more games on it :)

I still have a top loader NES I bought when it first came out...here are 98% of my games...I bought my brother a classic NES mini for Christmas and my sister in law sent me this pic from when they got back home....he LOVED It!!! Still looking forward to going back home just to see it in action I did buy him a cord extension...

32197437370_17422fff86_b.jpg

32454012481_2136ef3fa7_b.jpg

You can mod it to include up to 80 games. When/if I get one, that'll be the first thing I do! Just waiting it out for now tho, not gonna pay 100% markup (tsk)

I'll also get a nice flat screen CRT TV and an HDMI to RCA adapter of some sort so there's no lag when I play punch-out.

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

I kept looking for an NES classic but couldn't ever find one. I ended up in a retro store buying an actual Nintendo for $60 and Mario, first Zelda, and Ninja Tirtles for my son.

Been playing Mario all morning!

I was pretty young when this came out and was more into super. I don't remember that many games so I'm welcome to suggestions.

lol