• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edgar Church Hits coming up on HA
1 1

321 posts in this topic

because they'll own the highest graded CGC Hit labels.

interesting choice of words. maybe that goes towards something you've vetted.

Or not vetted :insane::baiting:

Except to the degree you have. Or haven't. lol

Just pokin' fun, I love ya! :D

I have no idea. That catalog mentioned that this was the first of several to feature his collection, IIRC. But it would make more sense the way Flex's quote was worded that it would be another collection. It will be interesting to see how much the market can absorb if it's another equally impressive listing.

because they'll own the highest graded CGC Hit labels.

interesting choice of words. maybe that goes towards something you've vetted.

Well, since we are on the CGC boards here, I guess we should remember the old doctrine that we should be buying the label, as opposed to buying the book. ;)

Especially since we should be showing strong support to the new grading team which is now in place as they try to feret out and hammer those books with those nasty near invisible additional revenue generating defects, while giving a soft pass to the fugly ones with the potential additional revenue inhibiting defects. hmlol

You know, that Hit 1 might actually be doable for the more budget minded conscious collector, since it's one of the lower graded Mile High Hit's at only a CGC 9.0 copy. (thumbs u

Have personally always loved the beautifully rendered details on this particular issue and feel that it is one of the more underappreciated Lou Fine covers out there, relative to some of his other more widely acclaimed classic covers :cloud9:

I'm just drooling looking at some of these books

Honorable mention to the second highest (and only graded) copy of Detective 35 (worship)

That book sure is an eye catcher. Still surprised that its only the second highest graded copy as its a fairly common book. I suspect there are a number of raw copies sitting in collections all over the place.

Honorable mention to the second highest (and only graded) copy of Detective 35 (worship)

That book sure is an eye catcher. Still surprised that its only the second highest graded copy as its a fairly common book. I suspect there are a number of raw copies sitting in collections all over the place.

I agree! You can't throw a rock without hitting a high grade raw copy of Detective 35.

I agree! You can't throw a rock without hitting a high grade raw copy of Detective 35.

:/

I hear you but it does (to me as someone who watches these, casually, but isn't in the market, that's it's the most available of the pre robin tecs along with 37. No?

:sumo: Isn't there a pedigree 9.2 with a cleaned cover out there and doesn't a boardie here have a smoking raw copy?

You rich Texans. Throwing rocks at GA books! :cry:

I guess these things are relative. I certainly wish I had a copy. What does the census tell us?