• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

God Country, Image, Cates, Shaw, Wordie, Hill
1 1

89 posts in this topic

I waited to read it until today. Its wonderful, old school battle kind of storytelling with a little heart. Love this story and it gives me hope that these new guys are going to do just fine in the future. Starting to have a little Thor feel to it. I'll patiently wait for issue #6 then enjoy this for years. Near perfect imo. 

1 minute ago, the authority said:

I waited to read it until today. Its wonderful, old school battle kind of storytelling with a little heart. Love this story and it gives me hope that these new guys are going to do just fine in the future. Starting to have a little Thor feel to it. I'll patiently wait for issue #6 then enjoy this for years. Near perfect imo. 

I agree. It was amazing. I read it last night and can't wait to see how it all wraps up next issue. I hope they do a really nice hardcover version of this soon to be classic

Just now, the authority said:

Fantastic piece ! :applause:

I've gone on and on about Donny Cates but Geoff Shaw adds a LOT to the greatness that is God Country. Beautiful. 

Thanks! The emotion that Shaw generates in the 1st and 4th panels is just amazing. It's what sold me on that page when I read the issue. That all said the big 3rd panel is pretty darn awesome too.

Just got home from vacation yesterday and finally had a chance to read issue #6.  It was similar to the ending I expected a few issues ago though not exactly as I had pictured it. The writing and art on this book was as good as anything I've read in years. It seems to have shot Donny Cates into the stratosphere as it pertains to his other projects. 

I heard from a friend that it helped him land a gig at Marvel. My initial reaction to this was great, he deserves a shot at the big stuff. Then I heard he was collaborating with Nick Spencer. I truly don't like anything about that guy and refuse to send a penny his way. I'm amazed he hasn't already burned his bridge there but so be it. Hopefully the collaboration was a one time thing. I'd love to read a Marvel comic without worrying about whether or not I'm likely to be offended by doing so. lol

Now on to Redneck and maybe I'll continue with Baby Teeth. Redneck is definitely more up my alley. Hoping for a crossover with Southern Bastards. 

Spoiler

I'd love to see the coach get his handed to him by Texas vampires. lol

East of West, Southern Bastards, Jupiter's Legacy (1 left ) The Walking Dead, and Redneck are now my Image mainstays. Still quite the stable over there and that's just scratching the surface.