• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR TREK 4 directed by Quentin Tarantino?? (TBD)
1 1

61 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Mystafo said:

Liked it better than all the others,  because of the connection to the regular continuity.  

I was thinking if there was one of the three that generally worked for most folks, it was the first film. With Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan in 'Into Darkness' and then the slowler pace with 'Beyond', those seem to be the more challenging for folks.

On 7/30/2017 at 7:03 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

Looks like I will be adding that to que as well.  I don't think I even watched that one.  hm

And the review from this?

Or you can respond to the thread NEG keeps bumping.

lol

The Internet Isn’t Sure How to Feel About a Quentin Tarantino ‘Star Trek’ Movie

star-trek-movie-quentin-tarantino-jj-abr

Earlier this month, it was officially reported that a new Star Trek movie from Quentin Tarantino and JJ Abrams is currently in the works.

In a way, fans had been anticipating this new for quite some time, especially after Tarantino had spent years expressing interest in helming a Trek film. Still, the news of the R-rated project certainly has taken people by surprise. Some are uncertain of how the prolific director's touch will translate to the Star Trek universe, while others are lamenting the apparent loss of the Chris Pine/Chris Hemsworth-led Star Trek 4 project.

Either way, the Internet has had quite a reaction to this Tarantino news, and expressed it through various memes and tweets. Here's a round-up of some of our favorite posts about a Quentin Tarantino Star Trek movie.

knowWvx.png

9AuEHmB.png

Jfprbin.png

PmoISPE.png

44pSITJ.png

aEom9Ab.png

The Revenant's Mark L. Smith to pen -script for Tarantino's R-rated Star Trek

tarantino-star-trek-pitch.jpg

I honestly never expected that it would happen, but it seems that Paramount Pictures is actually moving forward with an R-rated STAR TREK film from Quentin Tarantino. Let that percolate in your brain for a bit. We first heard rumblings of the project earlier this month when it was revealed that Tarantino had come up with a "great idea" for a STAR TREK movie which he then shared with J.J. Abrams. Excited by the pitch, Abrams put together a writer's room consisting of Lindsey Beer (CHAOS WALKING), Drew Pearce (IRON MAN 3), Megan Amram (Parks and Recreation), and Mark L. Smith (THE REVENANT), and it was expected that Tarantino would choose his writer from that group.

Deadline now reports that Mark L. Smith has emerged as Quentin Tarantino's pick and that Paramount closed a deal with the screenwriter today. Word is that Tarantino still wants to direct the film, which would make it his final feature-film as he's long said that he'd retire after ten movies. Smith will work on the STAR TREK -script while Tarantino keeps his focus on his next film, the as-yet-untitled project in which Manson Family murders serves as a backdrop to the main story of a TV actor looking for a way to get into the film business.

'Star Trek 4': Simon Pegg Is Not Writing a -script

star-trek-simon-pegg-1100224-640x320.jpe

It turns out that Star Trek Beyond writers Simon Pegg and Doug Jung are not writing a -script for the sequel after all.

Last week, Star Trek star Zachary Quinto discussed the development of the sequel. He hinted that there may be up to three different versions of the -script being written, and specifically said that Pegg and Jung were writing one of them.

It seems Quinto was confused because Pegg clarified in an interview with Happy Sad Confused that he and his writing partner are not writing a -script for Star Trek 4 and that they never were.

"Doug [Jung] and I were never going to write the fourth [Star Trek]," Pegg said. "That was never the deal. Doug and I are doing something together at Bad Robot, which I probably can't talk about just yet. So, [J.D.] Payne and [Patrick] McKay, who wrote the abortive third [Star Trek] -script with the previous director [Roberto Orci], they are writing a fourth one. That as far as I knew was the kind of [Chris] Hemsworth thing. That is as much as I know.”

Paramount CEO Reveals The Studio Is Moving Forward On Making TWO New STAR TREK Films

maxresdefault.jpg

Star Trek Beyond, the last theatrical offering from the series, while well received by audiences and critics failed to set the box-office on fire.

Despite this however, Paramount CEO Jim Gianopulos revealed at CinemaCon that they are in fact developing more Star Trek films with their partner SKYDANCE. According to Fandango's Erik Favis who was at the event, Gianopulos first made mention of "several new Star Trek movies" before clarifying that it was "two in the works right now". 

Interestingly, that we;re aware of two different scripts for a potential new Star Trek film do already exist. The first being the one that was originally teased post Star Trek Beyond's release written by JD Payne and Patrick McKay, this would see Thor: Ragnarok star Chris Hemsworth return as George Kirk and the other, from The Revenant scribe Mark L Smith  who is developing a -script for JJ Abrams based on a story pitch from Quentin Tarantino. 

Last we heard on that latter -script, however, was that its still being written and then Abrams will have to take it to Paramount for their approval. One has to wonder though, whether Gianopulos' comments on there being "two" films in the works indicates that the -script is completed and in their hands.

There’s a new energy in the Star Trek film franchise thanks to the announcement that Star Trek 4 finally has a director, and the cast is feeling it too. Actor Simon Pegg, who plays Mr. Scott in the Kelvin timeline films, shared some of the cast’s excitement in an interview with JoBlo.

“[T]here's so much more to do with those characters,” Pegg said. “I'm very excited about SJ Clarkson being hired. JJ emailed us about that just before it was announced. Everybody was so excited. I think Zach [Quinto]’s actually worked with her. I've seen stuff she's done, and I think it's a great choice, and it's about time.”

Clarkson is best known as a television director who has worked on series such as Doctors, Casualty, EastEnders, Footballers' Wives, Life on Mars, Heroes (which is where she worked with Quinto), House, Dexter and Ugly Betty. She also directed the film Toast. Star Trek 4’s director search is now over and Pegg previously clarified that he and writing partner Doug Jung, who wrote the -script for Star Trek Beyond, are not writing the -script for the sequel.

"Doug [Jung] and I were never going to write the fourth [Star Trek]," Pegg said in a previous interview. "That was never the deal. Doug and I are doing something together at Bad Robot, which I probably can't talk about just yet. So, [J.D.] Payne and [Patrick] McKay, who wrote the abortive third [Star Trek] -script with the previous director [Roberto Orci], they are writing a fourth one. That as far as I knew was the kind of [Chris] Hemsworth thing. That is as much as I know.”

That “Hemsworth thing” is the return of Chris Hemsworth as George Kirk, Captain James Kirk’s father who died in the opening scene of 2009’s Star Trek when he rammed the USS Kelvin into the time-displaced Romulan vessel the Narada.

Interesting news.

Will Quentin Tarantino really make Star Trek his final frontier?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jul/25/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-final-frontier

The motormouth director has been dropping hints about what his ‘gangster’ version might resemble if he does make it his 10th and final film.

From what I gather Quentin Tarantino says he will only make 10 films and Star Trek 4 would be his tenth film.

https://news.avclub.com/quentin-tarantino-says-hes-still-stopping-after-one-mor-1837133641

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

11 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Interesting news.

Will Quentin Tarantino really make Star Trek his final frontier?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jul/25/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-final-frontier

The motormouth director has been dropping hints about what his ‘gangster’ version might resemble if he does make it his 10th and final film.

From what I gather Quentin Tarantino says he will only make 10 films and Star Trek 4 would be his tenth film.

that would be awesome

I guess they consider kill bill to be one movie.

He has also collaborated on several movies

Death proof

True Romance

From Dusk til Dawn

Edited by Hollywood1892

On 8/13/2019 at 9:39 AM, mattn792 said:

I've never really been a fan of Tarantino's work, so...yeah, not punching up the heart rate for me.

I really hope this isn’t true.  Tarantino has one good movie... Pulp Fiction.  Everything since then has been monumental garbage.

56 minutes ago, szav said:

I really hope this isn’t true.  Tarantino has one good movie... Pulp Fiction.  Everything since then has been monumental garbage.

Different strokes I guess. I loved Jackie Brown and Inglorious Bastards. Looking forward to seeing the new Hollywood one this weekend.

But even as a fan of his films, he’s not right for Star Trek. Hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by Oddball

On 8/13/2019 at 12:39 PM, mattn792 said:

I've never really been a fan of Tarantino's work, so...yeah, not punching up the heart rate for me.

What, you don't want to see Captain Kirk tell his Klingon antagonist begging at his feet for mercy he can stay alive, but only if he sucks his toes (or thereabouts)?

:insane: :eek:

emotion01.gif.d99de26c8b8ac795016da39fdaf97617.gif