• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR TREK 4 directed by Quentin Tarantino?? (TBD)
1 1

61 posts in this topic

Chris Hemsworth Says Star Trek 4 Pitch Is Amazing

star-trek-chris-hemsworth-224116-640x320.jpg

Star Trek fans got excited when the information was announced that two generations of Captain Kirk's would be coming together in the next Star Trek film.

Not much is known about how that will work or if the two will be on-screen at the exact same time, but actor Chris Hemsworth has heard the pitch for the project from J.J. Abrams and has nothing but great things to say (via SlashFIlm). “I’ve spoken to J.J. Abrams, and he has an amazing pitch on the whole thing, " said Hemsworth, who was also asked how it comes to be. To that, he said, "I honestly don't know."

Hemsworth played James Tiberius Kirk's father George Kirk in the original Star Trek reboot, where he went down with the ship before he could meet his son. As to how the two will cross paths, time travel and alternate universes is something the series has already utilized, so it shouldn't be too difficult to make it happen.

Edited by Bosco685

Zoe Saldana Wants More Star Trek Despite Beyond's Box Office Disappointment

Despite the less than stellar box office tally, Zoe Saldana (Lieutenant Uhura) would love to see the franchise continue. As for her character, she is up for reprising the role well into her later years, something she discussed in a recent interview with IGN.

"I hope there is. I really hope there is. It'd be crazy to limit the longevity of a show that has had a 50-year life and on, to stop because they had a bad box office turnout, so, especially when people were talking about how like amazing this one was, I would love, I would always come back. To get an opportunity to be with all my friends until we're 56 or 60, I would be so happy (laughs)."

Karl Urban: Star Trek 4 Would Be ‘A Blast’

Star-Trek-Beyond-poster-Karl-Urban.jpg?a

For his part, Urban is more than ready to re-board the Enterprise. In an interview with Screen Rant at San Diego Comic Con promoting his role as Skurge in the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok, Urban expressed his enthusiasm for a fourth trip to the final frontier:

"I’ll tell you if Paramount greenlights a fourth movie for us, I’ll be there! I love working with those guys, and you know the fans love those characters. Yeah. It’d be a blast!"

This is good news for Star Trek fans, as Urban expressed some reluctance about returning for Star Trek Beyond after his personal disappointment with Star Trek Into Darkness. Urban’s iteration of Bones is arguably the most true to the original version. Urban shares virtually no physical characteristics of the original actor (the late, great DeForest Kelley), but Urban has somehow managed to channel Kelley’s irascible spirit with gusto. After being somewhat marginalized in the first two films, his character’s relationship with Spock in Beyond was a franchise highlight, showcasing a new spin on a classic Star Trek dynamic.

2 hours ago, reddwarf666222 said:

Did you really like Generations?

It was ok. There have been worst. I did enjoy the scene were Picard goes back and looks at his childhood. Also I like the interaction between Kirk and Picard.I still remember Soran so that's a plus. lol It probably was the best TNG movie.

I hope they bring back Alice Eve's character in the new one. I was really disappointed she was written out of "Beyond," because added a fresh dynamic to the crew in the second movie. It would have been an awesome vulnerability to Kirk, if she was with child while marooned on that planet and added another dimension of him being bored in space and wanting to retire if he was to be a father. Just my opinion.

Edited by NewEnglandGothic

21 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

It was ok. There have been worst. I did enjoy the scene were Picard goes back and looks at his childhood. Also I like the interaction between Kirk and Picard.I still remember Soran so that's a plus. lol It probably was the best TNG movie.

Ahem, First Contact? And it was, like, his fantasy family not his in the past...just sayin :baiting:

4 hours ago, Mystafo said:

Ahem, First Contact? And it was, like, his fantasy family not his in the past...just sayin :baiting:

Honestly,I haven't watched both Generations and First Contact since the 1990's,so that's like over 20 years since I last saw them for memory purposes. I will though try to catch both of them next weekend and report back here with new updated reviews.  

I really use to love Star Trek,and at one time enjoyed that universe as much as the Marvel,DC and Star Wars universes. I really like to comeback to the fold,but it has been a rough couple of decades if you were a Trekker or Trekkie. 

4 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Honestly,I haven't watched both Generations and First Contact since the 1990's,so that's like over 20 years since I last saw them for memory purposes. I will though try to catch both of them next weekend and report back here with new updated reviews.  

The TNG movies have not aged well, imho. But I was not a fan of the syndicated late 80's TV show. I would say First Contact was the best of the bunch, by default. hm

Default...

Default...

default.

8 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I really use to love Star Trek,and at one time enjoyed that universe as much as the Marvel,DC and Star Wars universes. I really like to comeback to the fold,but it has been a rough couple of decades if you were a Trekker or Trekkie. 

I was flipping channels last week, and Generations was on. Man, that Captain Kirk death scene still moves me.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I was flipping channels last week, and Generations was on. Man, that Captain Kirk death scene still moves me.

It gives me the chills seeing it.  My memory from watching Generations way back then was it was a good movie.  

Karl Urban Wants To Explore McCoy's Family In 'Star Trek 4'

The status of Paramount’s sequel to Star Trek Beyond is still in question. Not much has been said about the fourth Star Trek reboot movie since it was announced ahead of Beyond’s disappointing opening at the box office.

However, Urban says he and the rest of the cast are hoping the sequel will be made.

“We will be blessed if we could get to make another one, we really would,” Urban said at The Continuing Voyage Convention in Chicago on Saturday (via Trek Movie). “And we would all be very, very keen to do so because we have so much fun making these movies. I tell you, the challenge literally is to stop laughing before the cameras start rolling. We are a tight family.”

As for what Urban would like to do with his character, Dr. Leonard “Bones” McCoy, in another movie, Urban actually has something in mind.

“Perhaps it would be interesting to see something of McCoy’s family,” Urban said. “His ex-wife and daughter and that dynamic.”

Since this most probably is going to be Star Trek 4 due to JJ Abrams's involvement...

Patrick Stewart Wants To Be Part Of Quentin Tarantino's 'Star Trek'

Tarantino recently announced he is in the development stages of an R-Rated Star Trek project alongside J.J. Abrams, a project he wants to direct as well. That would be a big shakeup for the Star Trek film universe, and the former Jean-Luc Picard actor wants in.

"People are always saying to me, 'Will you be Jean-Luc Picard again?' And I cannot think that would be possible, but there are ways in which something like that might come about," Stewart told THR.

In fact, working with Tarantino has been a longtime dream for Stewart, and having it be part of the Star Trek universe would be an amazing bonus.

"But one of my dreams is to work with Tarantino," Stewart said. "I admire his work so much, and to be in a Tarantino film would give me so much satisfaction. So, if he is going to direct something to do with Star Trek and there was the possibility of dear old Jean-Luc showing up again and doing that for Mr Tarantino, I would embrace it."

How this plays out will be interesting to say the least.

26 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Don't know if this is good or not,  but I'm kind of excited for this as the Abrams films and Discovery have been a let down for me. 

Even the first Abrams movie you didn't like?