• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

I had bids in on most of the Joker cover Bats and Tecs, well over GPA on a number of them, and lost on all but one. The only bid that did carry was pseudo lowball bid on the Tec #128 that held for a couple of days and did not budge at the end, likely due to it being graded by the other company.

Edited by kimik

4 hours ago, kimik said:

I had bids in on most of the Joker cover Bats and Tecs, well over GPA on a number of them, and lost on all but one. The only bid that did carry was pseudo lowball bid on the Tec #128 that held for a couple of days and did not budge at the end, likely due to it being graded by the other company.

Seems like a common trend.  X-Men 1 CGC 9.0, CGC 7.5, CGC 6.0 all did approximately equal if not above GPA but the other guys X-Men 1 6.5 did 18% less then GPA.:popcorn:

Three weeks or so has gone by and another ComicLink auction is upon us.  I always say I'm not going to check it out but end up watching stuff end - it's an addiction.

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Three weeks or so has gone by and another ComicLink auction is upon us.  I always say I'm not going to check it out but end up watching stuff end - it's an addiction.

I'm wondering if you'll see some price dips because of the proximity to the Berk auction ending.  Probably not, but it would be interesting if that happened.

6 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

I'm wondering if you'll see some price dips because of the proximity to the Berk auction ending.  Probably not, but it would be interesting if that happened.

I'd definitely expect some of the high end bidders to be busy over there or just broke so we will see.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:
2 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

I'd definitely expect some

Berk auctions just sucked ~ $ 3.5 million ( likely more)  out of the spending potential of auction buyers short term....  May have some effect....

I know I am most likely deberked for a while    

On 6/2/2017 at 0:38 PM, Dreamtoreal1 said:

I placed a bid on 23 auctions and only won 1 but cannot complaint. was a lotta fun!

Batman Adventures #12 Harley Quinn!

batadv12.jpg

Yeah.  I swore I'd never collect Moderns, but Harley was one of those exceptions for me.  Great book.  Congrats.

9 hours ago, Paul_Maul said:

Just placed what I thought was an aggressive bid for CGC 9.6 W B&B 98...$272 and still lost!

Wow.  Didn't see that one coming.  Not even a Neal Adams book either.

I have a few low-ball bids out, which frankly I'm surprised are still there. I also have two books for sale, and they're actually doing okay.

Edit... Just checked, someone wants one of my two books very badly, it's at about 80% over what I'd ask for it.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Not sure why I bid on this book but I thought it presented well and I like the character.  Got blown away pretty much all night long on the keys - always tonight to get a couple more to spread out the shipping.

Daredevil 18 CGC 8.0.jpg

I won't show it 'cause I didn't get it, but I placed what I thought to be a decent bid on the Thor #168 (9.6 w/ white pages) of $1200 - 50% more than the last GPA sale of $757 - and the final bid was triple mine. :flamed: