• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

I had similar luck trying to get a pedigree x-men book but got nothing.  
Here's my only win so far.  Everyone is neglecting the awesomeness of the Super Skrull.  6.5 is ok but I didn't really want to spend the $600+ average for anything over 7.0; grabbed this for $250.
RAD6598E2017524_162316.jpg

I have to admit this character never got a ton of love and had very few appearances, (only 11 total in his first 10 years, until Starlin used him in '73.)

My exposure to him was through the video game Marvel Vs Capcom 3, which they made him such a crazy fun and bad@ss dude.
Here's some gameplay clips for anyone interested (not me playing)

Made a couple weak bids and got blown away last night.  Seems like the later ending books went a bit cheap but the ones that ended while I was awake seemed to do ok

11 hours ago, 90sChild said:

I wonder if they will ever make potter a villain on the netflix series.  He was the one making daredevil's body armor.

I bet on him being in the last season but nooo. 

33 minutes ago, Paul_Maul said:

This is the only book I won this time around. Not the one I wanted most, but it seems to have great eye appeal.

image.jpeg

I bid on that one as well - surprised to see that is one of the few later B&Bs I'm missing. :sorry:

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

00043621560000110279401005.jpg

Nice. I have a raw copy of that Captain Marvel. I like the War Cover because usually the hero is smiling and looking encouraging when it's a patriotic, not-in-battle cover. But he's like, Somebody 'bout to get they a** whooped!

And can't go wrong with an LB Cole cover. :)

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Went 0 for 3 on the Joker cover Batmans I was bidding on. 

Did win one book with a bid that I regretted placing as soon as I hit send. Don't drink and bid........

RAD248272017427_155059.jpg

31 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I got a Voldemort with a tracking bid, and my other two bids were knocked down by $5 and $7. But that means I came out ahead this time, so can't complain. :headbang:

Welcome to the postage and shipping hose-down! :whee:

1 minute ago, DavidTheDavid said:
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Welcome to the postage and shipping hose-down! :whee:

Eh, it should be $5 cheaper to where I live, but they do a much better packaging job than Heritage or 99.9% of eBay sellers.

I can't argue with that.

I thought prices were pretty low for this section of the auction compared to the Silver/Bronze section.  I just couldn't stay up late enough so I put in some low ball bids and ended up with a couple and was underbidder on 4 others.

Daredevil 168 CGC 5.5.jpg

Booster Gold 1 CGC 9.6.jpg