• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Ryanfromottawa said:
19 hours ago, justafan said:

I'll likely abstain from September's and just track the bids. Got to recover a bit from the Summer Auction hangover. Need to find a cheaper hobby.

Amen to that , I'm still eating franks and beans after the berk auction over at comicconnect 

You're eating franks and beans?  Luxury.

On 9/14/2017 at 9:00 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:
On 9/14/2017 at 8:33 PM, Junkdrawer said:

Only interested in adding 1 book to my collection.

IMG_4133.JPG

An exceptional book!

+1

Would definitely agree as this copy looks like an absolute stunner and certainly nicer in appearance than its assigned CGC grade of only 8.5 VF+. 

Probably one of the reasons why it went for such a strong price.

Just glad I managed to snag the Overstreet copies for both Torchy 5 and Torchy 6 when I was going through the Diamond vaults after their grand opening.  :whee:

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

+1

Would definitely agree as this copy looks like an absolute stunner and certainly nicer in appearance than its assigned CGC grade of only 8.5 VF+. 

Probably one of the reasons why it went for such a strong price.

Just glad I managed to snag the Overstreet copies for both Torchy 5 and Torchy 6 when I was going through the Diamond vaults after their grand opening.  :whee:

I was dead set on winning so I asked for the bc scan early on. I have a few books to run by Matt Nelson. I will likely add this one to the list. 

torchy5.jpg

On 9/16/2017 at 2:17 PM, deadleg said:
On 9/16/2017 at 10:25 AM, cupny said:

Amazing Spider-Man #2 CGC 9.0          $19K      is this the typical going rate on this book???

Nope. Book went for about 4x - 5x price according to GPA. Like everybody else has been saying though, you can't always go by GPA prices. 

And you also can't always go by irrational prices paid when it comes to a potential auction outlier result.  :preach:

On the other hand, maybe this $19K will be seen as a bargain basement discount price going forwards as there are only 27 CGC graded copies in higher grade than this copy here.  It's not like there's 270 higher graded copies out there, although I imagine there must be some from the other grading companies also.  lol  :tonofbricks:

Edited by lou_fine

58 minutes ago, Shaolingoat said:

Some nice early Hulks to drool over, but other than that nothing that's jumping out on this one on my end.

This is one of those Clink auctions where I could hurt myself. There are at least a dozen books I would take a run at if I had the budget. We'll see how many I go after...

On 9/21/2017 at 7:50 PM, mysterio said:

This is one of those Clink auctions where I could hurt myself. There are at least a dozen books I would take a run at if I had the budget. We'll see how many I go after...

I think I'm gonna have to set some GPA high records to get the books I want. :cry: