• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

Had to add this one to the Dr collection.  Should go nice next to the #14 I bought back in March.  Only 20 of the mp#13's on census and 15 of the mp#14.  Getting hard to be picky about the wraps.
Granted not many people care enough to grade these probably.
I read this is the story that made the Marvel editors really nervous because of the Genesis/God concepts and they wanted him to re-write the story - until Englehart/Starlin wrote letters pretending to be priests praising the story.  
The mis-matched new vs old cases thing is really starting to show up alot in my collections now.
RADC811D2017919_16637.jpgRAD2BF55201723_102738.jpg

Edited by 90sChild

Hmmm.  Tried bidding on some books tonight around 9:30ET, but every time I put a bid in I got an error message that something was "full" and the bid wouldn't go through.  Only after the auctions ended did I get a response saying that they were over.

Too bad, but I wonder if others had trouble bidding tonight?  I was hoping to land a Fantucchio TOS book.

Dan

1 minute ago, Drummy said:

Hmmm.  Tried bidding on some books tonight around 9:30ET, but every time I put a bid in I got an error message that something was "full" and the bid wouldn't go through.  Only after the auctions ended did I get a response saying that they were over.

Too bad, but I wonder if others had trouble bidding tonight?  I was hoping to land a Fantucchio TOS book.

Dan

After successfully placing other bids, I'm now getting this each time I try on ToS 65 8.0:

There was an error during processing of requested page. Number: 0x80040E14 Category: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server File: /Auctions/sendbid.asp Line, column: 254, -1 Description: The transaction log for database 'CL' is full due to 'LOG_BACKUP'. ASP Description:

CDO.Message.1 error '80040220'

The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.

/error/ErrorHandler.asp, line 119

5 minutes ago, Greenlake said:

After successfully placing other bids, I'm now getting this each time I try on ToS 65 8.0:

There was an error during processing of requested page. Number: 0x80040E14 Category: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server File: /Auctions/sendbid.asp Line, column: 254, -1 Description: The transaction log for database 'CL' is full due to 'LOG_BACKUP'. ASP Description:

CDO.Message.1 error '80040220'

The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.

/error/ErrorHandler.asp, line 119

Glad I'm not the only one seeing this.  After winning TOS #44, I was unable to bid on TOS #53 due to the error above, and lost out.  Then several others.

As far as I can tell, the site has been unable to accept bids since some time between the close of TOS #44 and #53.  I think all auctions starting from when the error cropped up should be "reset" with new end dates to give everyone a fair shot at the books.

6 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Glad I'm not the only one seeing this.  After winning TOS #44, I was unable to bid on TOS #53 due to the error above, and lost out.  Then several others.

As far as I can tell, the site has been unable to accept bids since some time between the close of TOS #44 and #53.  I think all auctions starting from when the error cropped up should be "reset" with new end dates to give everyone a fair shot at the books.

I had marker bids on many items, and the "my auction bids" page is keeping the recently closed items displayed above the soon-to-close listings longer than usual. The top/earliest one is ToS 46 9.2. I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before an announcement.

Edited by Greenlake

2 minutes ago, comicquant said:

I had this book in the bag with 5 seconds to go then upon going to “my auction bids” to bask in the glory of my newest win I found out I lost it in those 5 seconds.  Congrats to the winner you have one of the best 9.6’s I’ve seen!  

That's why I absolutely hate this auction sniping format that CL has in place and much prefer the extended time format that CC currently uses and some of the other dealers used to employ way back in the old days. 

11 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

That's why I absolutely hate this auction sniping format that CL has in place and much prefer the extended time format that CC currently uses and some of the other dealers used to employ way back in the old days. 

It’s never mattered to me much until this auction.  I lost 3 books I really wanted in the last few seconds.  I’m familiar with this format so it was my fault for not adding more of a buffer to my max bid.  

I ended up winning the Superboy 68 below but would’ve preferred to bring home the others.

I still prefer ComicLink over the rest.  They all have their pros and cons but some of the “practices” of the other auctions are off-putting to me.  

ABB27B97-33E7-49B2-B15C-FA775CF47D0F.png

4 hours ago, comicquant said:

It’s never mattered to me much until this auction.  I lost 3 books I really wanted in the last few seconds.  I’m familiar with this format so it was my fault for not adding more of a buffer to my max bid.  

I ended up winning the Superboy 68 below but would’ve preferred to bring home the others.

I still prefer ComicLink over the rest.  They all have their pros and cons but some of the “practices” of the other auctions are off-putting to me.  

Same here.  I find the bid extension does nothing more than encourage me to pay more than I wanted to initially.  With CL, I enter my max bid towards the end of the auction and let the cards fall where they may.  Win some, lose some, but I never walk away feeling like I paid more than I should have.

CC and Heritage make me want to get into a competition with other bidders, because it's aggravating to see someone outbid you over and over.  If you don't want to get sniped, make sure you put your max bid in before the auction ends.  You'll never get "sniped" again.  If you lose, it's because someone was willing to pay more than you.

1 minute ago, entalmighty1 said:

Same here.  I find the bid extension does nothing more than encourage me to pay more than I wanted to initially.  With CL, I enter my max bid towards the end of the auction and let the cards fall where they may.  Win some, lose some, but I never walk away feeling like I paid more than I should have.

CC and Heritage make me want to get into a competition with other bidders, because it's aggravating to see someone outbid you over and over.  If you don't want to get sniped, make sure you put your max bid in before the auction ends.  You'll never get "sniped" again.  If you lose, it's because someone was willing to pay more than you.

Love ComicLink as a buyer hate it as a seller.  Auctions are suppose to be competitive.  Auctions are suppose to make people go a little over their max.  Why risk the times when a book goes cheap if there is not a huge upside on the other end.  

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

Love ComicLink as a buyer hate it as a seller.  Auctions are suppose to be competitive.  Auctions are suppose to make people go a little over their max.  Why risk the times when a book goes cheap if there is not a huge upside on the other end.  

I can see that would be aggravating as a seller, but I'm a self-serving buyer, so I don't care.  :foryou: