• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

The first 2017 auction is underway. Anything have your eye that you're willing to admit? I've got a couple of things in my crosshairs. Nothing major, but I'm at my usual "don't want to spend but can't resist that book I've hunted for so long" point.

As the auction closes, post your goodies here.

I've never really gone for a book on Clink but I saw one I've been searching for in the right grade so I am shooting for the stars. Nice pre code book...no its not the CoC 19.

I want this book so bad! I've been questioning what method I should use...keep myself the highest bidder or wait till the end to show my cards. Is sniping on Clink just as easy as eBay?

I've been questioning what method I should use...keep myself the highest bidder or wait till the end to show my cards. Is sniping on Clink just as easy as eBay?

I think there are two main approaches

Lie in the weeds... put in a tracking bid and then wait for the last few minutes of the auction to put a "full value"bid.

Big Dog/Over the Top... put in a full value bid and hope to scare off the tracking bidders who just see that they cant get to be high bidder.

I always worry about the state of the CLINK servers, and network connections and dont want to leave a bid to the last second.... I would say avoid last second sniping, but there are definitely a rush of bids on popular books in the last 5 minutes....

I've never really gone for a book on Clink but I saw one I've been searching for in the right grade so I am shooting for the stars. Nice pre code book...no its not the CoC 19.

I want this book so bad! I've been questioning what method I should use...keep myself the highest bidder or wait till the end to show my cards. Is sniping on Clink just as easy as eBay?

Snipe

Snipe

My odds of getting a steal drastically go up if I snipe compared to set it and forget it. With the format in place there is really no reason to show your hand so to speak before the last second.

I've been sniped on a few CLink items recently, but it's better for me to just put in what I want to pay and then let it ride. I usually do a tracking bid, and once I decide that I'm serious, I go and put in serious bids. There are two that I really want that I don't think will go for much, but I'm afraid to even put that in writing.

Snipe

Is there sniping software that works with CL? Or do you mean just wait until the very last seconds to manually place your bid on their website?

Snipe

Is there sniping software that works with CL? Or do you mean just wait until the very last seconds to manually place your bid on their website?

I just place the bids manually.

I've been questioning what method I should use...keep myself the highest bidder or wait till the end to show my cards. Is sniping on Clink just as easy as eBay?

I think there are two main approaches

Lie in the weeds... put in a tracking bid and then wait for the last few minutes of the auction to put a "full value"bid.

Big Dog/Over the Top... put in a full value bid and hope to scare off the tracking bidders who just see that they cant get to be high bidder.

I always worry about the state of the CLINK servers, and network connections and dont want to leave a bid to the last second.... I would say avoid last second sniping, but there are definitely a rush of bids on popular books in the last 5 minutes....

I win a few books here and there by putting in a 1/2 guide/gpa bid and just letting it ride.