• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

Beautiful color strike on that one -- blazing!  

The Fantucchio books are very sweet -- I just missed out on the Avengers #71 in 9.6 but got the #28 earlier tonight in 9.4.  Gotta love the Collector!

Congratulations!

Dan

7 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Beautiful color strike on that one -- blazing!  

The Fantucchio books are very sweet -- I just missed out on the Avengers #71 in 9.6 but got the #28 earlier tonight in 9.4.  Gotta love the Collector!

Congratulations!

Dan

Thanks Dan, good luck picking up some other books from the collection

Won two last night on a whim and was underbidder on the 4 other books.  Don't think I saw anything exceed GPA with quite a few taking a big hit - fell asleep or I would have pushed a few up a bit.  Liking the look of the two books I won.

Avengers 9 CGC.jpg

Avengers 12 CGC.jpg

These late night (eastern time zone) ending just plain suck.  I have zero chance of winning a low ball bid unless it's a snipe and there is no way I'm staying up until midnight to bid on books.  Start the auctions ending early if you have to - west coast people don't bid on books.  East coast is where all the buyers are at.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

These late night (eastern time zone) ending just plain suck.  I have zero chance of winning a low ball bid unless it's a snipe and there is no way I'm staying up until midnight to bid on books.  Start the auctions ending early if you have to - west coast people don't bid on books.  East coast is where all the buyers are at.

That's not true I'm west coast and I bid. I'm able to pick off the low hanging fruit when your in bed.:bigsmile:

20 minutes ago, JWKyle said:

That's not true I'm west coast and I bid. I'm able to pick off the low hanging fruit when your in bed.:bigsmile:

I probably send twice as many packages to the eastern states then I send out west.  California seems to have a lot of buyers but most the West just doesn't seem to be comic buyers.  I send mountains of books to New York, Florida and Ohio.

17 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Last months auction was better fit me as a seller. Disappointed so far.

Seems like even the big keys like IM 55 have been coming in 10-20% lower then GPA.  Hope the later days gives you a boost in prices.

On 4/26/2017 at 8:16 AM, 1Cool said:

Won two last night on a whim and was underbidder on the 4 other books.  Don't think I saw anything exceed GPA with quite a few taking a big hit - fell asleep or I would have pushed a few up a bit.  Liking the look of the two books I won.

Avengers 9 CGC.jpg

Avengers 12 CGC.jpg

Very nice colors on both books--especially that #12.

Congrats!

On 4/26/2017 at 6:26 PM, entalmighty1 said:

Got the hard one out of the way finally!

That's what she said.  Heh, heh. :whistle:

On 4/25/2017 at 8:09 PM, Shaolingoat said:

My lone grab for the evening:

00034952396496110305078005.thumb.jpg.d02f0e078d25a1d125fe1e619dda9816.jpg

Notice this 9.6 copy graded in February of this year has a CVA sticker on the top left corner of the slab.

How did this happened since I thought CVA had gone the way of the dinosaur and were no longer in business?  ???

21 hours ago, 1Cool said:

If ET time zones suck for you, just imagine how bad it sucks for UK bidders. I have LESS than zero chance of winning. Plus nosebleed shipping rates.rantrant