• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Notice this 9.6 copy graded in February of this year has a CVA sticker on the top left corner of the slab.

How did this happened since I thought CVA had gone the way of the dinosaur and were no longer in business?  ???

I noted that as well, leftovers?

Always seemed an odd business model.

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Notice this 9.6 copy graded in February of this year has a CVA sticker on the top left corner of the slab.

How did this happened since I thought CVA had gone the way of the dinosaur and were no longer in business?  ???

I still have a couple rolls of stickers...., don't you? :D

I love this comic: Neal Adams biggest work for Marvel, Tom Palmer inking, creative Roy Thomas story in the midst of the Kree-Skrull war, and the chapter called 'Journey to the Center of an Android'.  :luhv:

RAD9A3D92017323_133444.jpg

Edited by namisgr

39 minutes ago, namisgr said:

I love this comic: Neal Adams biggest work for Marvel, Tom Palmer inking, creative Roy Thomas story in the midst of the Kree-Skrull war, and the chapter called 'Journey to the Center of an Android'.  :luhv:

And still gets a 9.6 with that raker tear! :banana:

1 minute ago, namisgr said:
2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

And still gets a 9.6 with that raker tear! :banana:

Thanks for your critique.

Honestly, I don't know what to do with defects like that, so it's good to see where CGC is at.  Definitely production.

On 4/28/2017 at 6:05 PM, namisgr said:

Well done and congrats on this beautiful pickup of yours.  :golfclap:

That's an absolutely fantastic book to have in any collection, especially in that high of a grade.  I still remember way back in the day when this book was considered to be one of the premiere BA books to own, with Neal Adams artwork both inside and on the cover.  :cloud9:  :takeit:

Unfortunately, not so much anymore as that whole beautiful Adams and Smith run from Avengers 93 through to 100 seems to have been forgotten by the collecting marketplace as they haven't really done that much from a pricing point of view over the past couple of decades.  Hopefully, it's day in the sun will return one day soon.  :wishluck:

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

That's an absolutely fantastic book to have in any collection, especially in that high of a grade.  I still remember way back in the day when this book was considered to be one of the premiere BA books to own, with Neal Adams artwork both inside and on the cover.  :cloud9:  :takeit:

Unfortunately, not so much anymore as that whole beautiful Adams and Smith run from Avengers 93 through to 100 seems to have been forgotten by the collecting marketplace as they haven't really done that much from a pricing point of view over the past couple of decades.  Hopefully, it's day in the sun will return one day soon.  :wishluck:

Agreed. And I hope it happens after I finally get my copies... lol

19 hours ago, Shadow said:
23 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Agreed. And I hope it happens after I finally get my copies... lol

Yes, absolutely surprised that many of these HG copies still seems to be fetching only around condition guide prices, or in some cases, even less than guide.  :frown:

Especially with the new Avengers movie due to come out next year.  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

23 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I agree. Classic Bronze Age book, containing some superb Adams / Palmer art. One of my favourites. 

Common mistake on the label about it being the first Kree-Skrull War issue, though. (#89)

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 26 April 2017 at 4:09 AM, Shaolingoat said:

My lone grab for the evening:

00034952396496110305078005.thumb.jpg.d02f0e078d25a1d125fe1e619dda9816.jpg

A close second to #93 for my favourite Adams issue. Beautiful-looking copy.

Edited by Ken Aldred