• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

3 full pages of Harley books... :facepalm:
:signfunny:

At first glance I thought "Harley Yee is putting inventory on Clink now?"

Then I thought about it for a minute. doh!

Actually, he does sell on CLink. I see one of his books up there -- unless he sold it to someone else in the past couple of months and the buyer put it up.

so when the auction appears to be weak in a given month like this one. are the realized prices of the few marquee items in the auction usually higher since people aren't spending money on other big items? Or are bids generally just less across the board? Or no correlation?

so when the auction appears to be weak in a given month like this one. are the realized prices of the few marquee items in the auction usually higher since people aren't spending money on other big items? Or are bids generally just less across the board? Or no correlation?

My general rule is that there are no bargains anywhere any more! :D

Those low grade Baker covers may set an interesting floor and lead to books that previously were being kept raw (low grade GA books) but if the auction prices justify slabbing we'll sell a wave of those low grade ones come in...

really - no makee sense to me - those sessions can run past midnight easily and often do - why not start at 6 or 7PM EST? on a work night? but I guess if Josh was inclined to take anyone's advice he wouldn't have started an auction site competing with HA in the first place

really - no makee sense to me - those sessions can run past midnight easily and often do - why not start at 6 or 7PM EST? on a work night? but I guess if Josh was inclined to take anyone's advice he wouldn't have started an auction site competing with HA in the first place

That would make anything closing at 6-8 PM on the East Coast 3-5 PM on the West Coast. Problematic.

That would make anything closing at 6-8 PM on the East Coast 3-5 PM on the West Coast. Problematic.

Lose more bidders after 11 pm on the east coast or before 5 pm on the west coast? hm

Not sure I see anything I want to go after and I'm not selling any books but it's always fun to see how everything pans out. Anyone else think 161 pages of stuff seem like a bit of overkill for one auction.

Not sure I see anything I want to go after and I'm not selling any books but it's always fun to see how everything pans out. Anyone else think 161 pages of stuff seem like a bit of overkill for one auction.

I love seeing 161 page auctions, because it may mean I could actually get a decent deal on something. Nobody can fully pay attention to 161 pages over two weeks.