• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Satiric/Humor art - my collection

15 posts in this topic

Okay, so I've been contemplating coming out of the shadows for awhile now, simply because not much of what I collect comes up for public sale very often and I'm not plugged in to whatever private sale avenues exist. Everything I want that I know the location of is either with Glenn Bray or the Donnellys -- in other words, out of circulation.

So here's my collection... no superhero stuff (except a couple of Alex Ross pieces), but plenty of Mad, Lampoon, Doonesbury, New Yorker, caricature, cartoon and related art. Mostly 1950's-60's.

I'm not selling anything, but if you're interested in selling or trading what I collect, I invite you to get in touch by PM. Also, if there's somewhere else besides here, comic-l and CAF where I might find like-minded collectors, please let me know.

Thanks!

https://www.artworkarchive.com/artwork/satiric-art

(The art is sortable into categories using the "Collections" drop-down menu)

Also, if there's somewhere else besides here, comic-l and CAF where I might find like-minded collectors, please let me know.

I also hang out occasionally at statueforum.com, they have an original art section on their boards. Good atmosphere there.

http://www.statueforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Thanks for the reminder. Haven't been on statueforum for a while (not since Richard Rae reared his ugly head and received a bashing for his shenanigans . . that was fun!).

Thanks for the nice comments. I checked out statueforums but didn't see anything there as far as my interests are concerned.

For what it's worth, I'm always in the market for A-level pieces in the Humor/Satire/Caricature arena, especially from artists already in my collection.

Thanks!