• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, mattn792 said:

That might come to pass if anyone actually wanted to see Dark Phoenix.  Anticipated flops don’t tend to lead to speculation on the source material.

You might think.  But Brave and the Bold #28 is still worth about triple what it went for before the poorly received BvS and JL.  Or even more telling is the fact that Fantastic Four #45 still goes for about triple what it was worth when Inhumans was first was talked about.  As far as comics there may indeed be no such thing as bad publicity.

7 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

You might think.  But Brave and the Bold #28 is still worth about triple what it went for before the poorly received BvS and JL.  Or even more telling is the fact that Fantastic Four #45 still goes for about triple what it was worth when Inhumans was first was talked about.  As far as comics there may indeed be no such thing as bad publicity.

Valid points.  To the contrary, we’ve seen the Phoenix fiasco already played out in The Last Stand, so this could be a “been there, done that” situation for the fans.

The capitalist in me certainly wouldn’t mind if the Dark Phoenix books spiked though...sell sell sell!

X-Men 101 (1st Phoenix) has risen quite a bit, especially in high-grade (9.6 and 9.8), over the past year. X-Men 134 I think is the key Dark Phoenix book (CGC denotes "Phoenix becomes Dark Phoenix") has risen less than 101, but you've seen a sharp spike in 2018 in high-grade (especially 9.8, but also in 9.6).

Everything about that New Mutants looked horrible but recent X-men films have been good well Apocalypse was mediocre. So kinda would want to see that X-men film
and I think if Disney won't release those films and decides to auction the original unfinished prints of those movies I don't favor my odds in those auctions lol

I'm shocked and disappointed by this news. Was really looking forward to New Mutants, based on the trailer. It had a Shyamlan "Split" vibe.

Never really understood why they greenlit Dark Phoenix, however -- as we literally saw them try (and fail) with that adaptation with Last Stand.

I get the love for the storyline, but really? You're going to try to adapt it twice in 12 years?

(Then again, how many times have we gotten a Spidey origin AF 15 now? Three times?)

Edited by Gatsby77

6 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

“Worse than Fantastic Four” is really saying something.

I found it credible until I read that part...then it seemed like an exaggeration.  How could BOTH of them be worse than the worst?  :screwy:

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

I found it credible until I read that part...then it seemed like an exaggeration.  How could BOTH of them be worse than the worst?  :screwy:

Maybe we need to redefine their level of bad using the scale of Spider-Man 3?  hm

Edited by mattn792
Missed a "to"

I think they need to stop casting Game Of Thrones actors.

- Sophie Turner can't act.  Seriously, she always looks sad and unhappy...in every single role.:frown:

- Maisie Williams is a TV actress.  She isn't can't carry a movie.  I'd like to see her in a comedy role where her personality shines.:idea:

- Kit Harington...has anybody seen Pompeii or Silent Hill: Revelation???  I have.:facepalm:

- Emilia Clarke...has anybody seen Solo or Terminator Genisys???  I have.:sick:

- Captain Phasma.  I bought the action figure.  I don't play with it any more.:sorry:

I honestly can't think of a good movie with a GOT actor/actress in it.

22 minutes ago, jharvey said:

Avengers: Infinity War with Peter Dinklage in it.

Nice try.  It was more of a cameo and Peter Dinklage is a half man.  Making that half of a cameolol.

Actually, now that I think about it Lena Headey is pretty good in movies.  But you get the gist of my point.  More often than not you're gonna end up with a flop with a GOT actor/actress.

7 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Actually, now that I think about it Lena Headey is pretty good in movies.  But you get the gist of my point.  More often than not you're gonna end up with a flop with a GOT actor/actress.

Lena Headey was great in the first 300 film. Based on that it was easy to see how she would star with a similar concept on GoT.

Edited by kimik

8 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Nice try.  It was more of a cameo and Peter Dinklage is a half man.  Making that half of a cameolol.

Aquaman starring Jason Mamoa- although it's a bit of a stretch to call him an actor

6 minutes ago, paperheart said:

Aquaman starring Jason Mamoa- although it's a bit of a stretch to call him an actor

Doesn't count.  Movie isn't out yet.  Flop or not is yet to be determined.

But he would qualify for Aquaman in Justice League...which proves my point.  Flop.

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Spelling