• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, nearmint said:

I enjoyed it enough that I'll probably see the movie in the theater.  It felt like reading an X-Men comic.  Cyclops drops an F-bomb at one point, which brought a few giggles. 

AA2-E979-A-C1-AB-4690-A1-D0-AE345-F412-E

Thank you for sharing.

In June, Dark Phoenix will arrive as "the final chapter" of the X-Men franchise. It's a "dramatic finale worthy of its predecessors Logan and Days of Future Past."

A clip from Dark Phoenix plays. In it, Charles Xavier tells the people of NASA that help is on the way. A team heads up to space. Nightcrawler and Jean use their powers to retrieve the astronauts but Jean gets left behind and takes on the Phoenix Force. Xavier's school gossips about it. She should be dead. Jean is tempted. They realize she is changing. She starts to lose control but says, "it feels good." Charles realizes Jean will kill them all. A fight ensues in what looks like a prison. Magneto brings a whole subway train through the mansion's door. Jean shuts him down with her powers. Fire flies and she is all powerful.

"It's the perfect sendoff for our X-Men team," the Fox executive said.

I have to say it, and I'm sorry, but it has been bothering me that no one else will say it.

She looks like Boy George.

There. It's done. :sorry:

P.S. It really doesn't help that her colors are red and gold when we all know his are red, gold, and green. :shy:

Edited by valiantman

51 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I have to say it, and I'm sorry, but it has been bothering me that no one else will say it.

P.S. It really doesn't help that her colors are red and gold when we all know his are red, gold, and green. :shy:

:gossip: Please don't tell anyone, but at times I've thought the same thing. But then I felt bad. :(

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Why of course it is. Or are you confused with The New Mutants?

I'm not confused. I still just don't see the point in releasing this, all things considered.

I know that you and the 9 other fans of this dead franchise wanna see the fruits of their labor, but...

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:
6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Why of course it is. Or are you confused with The New Mutants?

I'm not confused. I still just don't see the point in releasing this, all things considered.

I know that you and the 9 other fans of this dead franchise wanna see the fruits of their labor, but...

You think a studio is going to spend a hundred million dollars to complete a movie, all the way to the point it's ready to release, and then shelve it?

You and 9 other people, globally, might be that deluded.

Edited by valiantman

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

:roflmao:

There's 11 of us. Thank you very much.

:sumo:

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

You think a studio is going to spend millions of dollars to complete a movie, all the way to the point it's ready to release, and then shelve it?

You and 9 other people, globally, might be that deluded.

If they didn't spend $200 million on re-shoots, or whatever, yeah. I wasn't aware that their investment ballooned on a franchise that isn't even on life support - it's on death row.

You don't need to be a ____. I was joking around with a different member that has a sense of humor...

Just now, TwoPiece said:

You don't need to be a ____. I was joking around with a different member that has a sense of humor...

You're posting for the whole board, and this post combined with your others which are extremely anti-female-lead are draining on everyone. It's time you got some of your own drainage smeared back on your face.

Just now, valiantman said:

You're posting for the whole board, and this post combined with your others which are extremely anti-female-lead are draining on everyone. It's time you got some of your own drainage smeared back on your face.

Wrong. I wouldn't suggest being misinformed about me by other people who aren't me.

Don't be naive.

4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

If they didn't spend $200 million on re-shoots, or whatever, yeah. I wasn't aware that their investment ballooned on a franchise that isn't even on life support - it's on death row.

I always get a kick out of it when you say "don't be a :censored:" when you yourself do it all the time.

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Hands down, you win the internet for today.  :tink:

Just now, mattn792 said:

I always get a kick out of it when you say "don't be a :censored:" when you yourself do it all the time.

Give me an example that doesn't relate to a single poster that constantly writes paragraphs about me in this particular sub-forum.