• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, drotto said:

While we are talking about appearances when did Mystique go from a nice royal blue to comic left in the sun too long blue?

Probably the same makeup artist that has worked on Nick Fury's eye scars. Ever shifting. :insane:

6 hours ago, krighton said:

Looks stupid and boring

6 hours ago, mattn792 said:

2:41 of stupid and boring :banana:

At least the first Last Stand was only 1:44.

"You hate Dark Phoenix? I hate it too. Let's hate it together."

:baiting:

Stupid and boring?

• Magneto raise an arsenal of machine guns and fire at the same time.
  • X-Men off in space to save astronauts in danger.
  • Magneto forcing a train car into a house in what appears to be an attack on Jean.
  • Jean raising an entire train with her powers.

Boring?

Bosco, I think that you and I agree on a lot of things movie-wise, but this one does look stupid and boring.

Magneto is just a great character, cast very well, so of course he's likely to have some cool scenes.

Whatsherface playing Jean is just not a good actress for the titular character, either.

12 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Bosco, I think that you and I agree on a lot of things movie-wise, but this one does look stupid and boring.

Magneto is just a great character, cast very well, so of course he's likely to have some cool scenes.

Whatsherface playing Jean is just not a good actress for the titular character, either.

Oh, I get it. Fox has dropped the ball a few times with this franchise. So to trust them to wrap it up strong before Disney kicks in is a shoot.

But I am crossing my fingers they finally committed to going out at least good, if not great. It would be a cool win if it surprised us it was much stronger than assumed.

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Oh, I get it. Fox has dropped the ball a few times with this franchise. So to trust them to wrap it up strong before Disney kicks in is a shoot.

But I am crossing my fingers they finally committed to going out at least good, if not great. It would be a cool win if it surprised us it was much stronger than assumed.

Hey, if it ends up being good, then awesome! I just am not expecting it to be good based on all of the promotional material I've seen.

X-Men was my first comic love. I wish every movie could be great, but they aren't.

Save for the obvious ( Wolverine ) this rendition ofthe x-men starting with” first class”,  Magneto is incredibly well cast . My concern with this movie is that this is already the 2nd time we’ve seen this spin on the Phoenix saga . As an avid X-Men lover , I understand the importance of this story but let’s be honest ... uncanny x-men Alone has 544 issues . Is this a story when it is rehashed again we will see a 3rd take of in the future? What I do like x-men finally in space , a darker film perhaps on par with  DOFP 

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Hey, if it ends up being good, then awesome! I just am not expecting it to be good based on all of the promotional material I've seen.

X-Men was my first comic love. I wish every movie could be great, but they aren't.

Without rehashing the X-Men films that have been great, I'm not seeing this as a wreck just yet. That Trailer #3 was much stronger than the other trailers, indicating there was a deeper story being shared.

The continued attacks on the film are just those that no matter what were going to happen. It's not an MCU film, and Fox hasn't helped itself with its missteps. Meanwhile, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. We'll know either way soon enough.

:wishluck: