• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Endgame/Far From Home Spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

What if the multiverse is Marvel Studios' answer to keeping McAvoy and Fassbender as their characters..?

Magneto could be the New Loki.

:whatthe:

That makes a lot of sense.

I don't see why keeping McAvoy and Fassbender isn't just a straight-out option without some sort of story justification.  The Fox movies are clearly another universe, and they didn't hesitate to cast Chris Evans as Cap when he had already been Johnny Storm over at Fox.

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I don't see why keeping McAvoy and Fassbender isn't just a straight-out option without some sort of story justification.  The Fox movies are clearly another universe, and they didn't hesitate to cast Chris Evans as Cap when he had already been Johnny Storm over at Fox.

It's not like they just own the properties again, though. They own Fox Studios altogether. So, like, Idk.

Nike. Just do it.

The Fox universe of Marvel characters is just over.  It's so obvious we've been assuming it for years...is there some reason they'd keep it going?  Having said that, there's no reason they couldn't just pick from it whatever they want and keep it going, I just don't see them doing it outside of transferring some of the actors with one exception--Deadpool.  I'll be shocked if they don't keep that train going.

8 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

It's definitely an option but I would imagine they want to reboot the X-Men after 20 years of sequels & prequels. They haven't even been able to use the term mutants within the MCU, so I expect they will slowly creep in easter eggs over the next few years before anything official is solidified. I would expect the same with Fantastic Four, but I believe they will get rebooted into the MCU before X-Men does.

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

The Fox universe of Marvel characters is just over.  It's so obvious we've been assuming it for years...is there some reason they'd keep it going?  Having said that, there's no reason they couldn't just pick from it whatever they want and keep it going, I just don't see them doing it outside of transferring some of the actors with one exception--Deadpool.  I'll be shocked if they don't keep that train going.

Deadpool is only an exception because they've grossed what many MCU phase 3 films have. The majority of the X-Men franchise has been more on par with phase 1 & 2 in terms of box office results. They purposely delayed New Mutants to give fans another dose of the franchise in 2020 while they decide what to do with them outside of Deadpool & X-Force.

15 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

Deadpool is only an exception because they've grossed what many MCU phase 3 films have.

And because it's not at all clear that Feige's magic would work with what Ryan Reynolds has done with Deadpool.  The quality and return of that film is truly surprising, and I'm not sure how Feige could improve upon it.  Better for him to get out of the way and just let it be what it is, there's room for what was done there in his universe.

9 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

And because it's not at all clear that Feige's magic would work with what Ryan Reynolds has done with Deadpool.  The quality and return of that film is truly surprising, and I'm not sure how Feige could improve upon it.  Better for him to get out of the way and just let it be what it is, there's room for what was done there in his universe.

“When we were purchased, Bob said to us, ‘if it’s not broke, don’t fix it,'” Feige told Variety. “There’s no question that Deadpool is working, so why would we change it?”