• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

How does Trailer #3 look terrible?

:popcorn:

LOL - X3 remake that I really didn't need.  From DoFP, to Apoc, and now back to this???   Thank goodness the mutants are coming home to Marvel Studios.

3 minutes ago, 234wallst said:

LOL - X3 remake that I really didn't need.  From DoFP, to Apoc, and now back to this???   Thank goodness the mutants are coming home to Marvel Studios.

Oh. When you noted you wanted this to be successful, I took that as realistic.

With those extra details, I see where your head is.

5 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Wow. This clip looks really really bad. And are the X-Babies wearing zip up pajamas? As much as I love X-Men, I may have to skip this...

Still the much better Quicksilver. Hopefully the MCU figures out a way to retain and integrate him in the larger Marvel Universe.

Thanks for posting this. :foryou:

6 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

It's insane that we're getting 4 Marvel films within 4 months. I'm honestly surprised Disney didn't delay it a few more months.

That's part of the change that will be interesting. Instead of competing Marvel movies from 3 studios, now it's down to 2 and the 1 is part of a massive umbrella of properties.

Feige has quite the interesting challenge with all those characters now, but fewer slots to present them.

9 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Oh. When you noted you wanted this to be successful, I took that as realistic.

With those extra details, I see where your head is.

Wanted it to be good (ie quality) - couldn't care less about "success" as far as box office goes.  Is your head that just because it's X-Men it must be good?  

2 minutes ago, 234wallst said:

Wanted it to be good (ie quality) - couldn't care less about "success" as far as box office goes.  Is your head that just because it's X-Men it must be good?  

No. I know enough not to fall into the trap of rallying around a hate theme 'Oh not, Last Stand again'. Plus, there has been more good films and TV shows (X-Men TAS, X-Men, X2, X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Deadpool, Logan, Deadpool 2, Legion, The Gifted) than mediocre or bad (The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: Apocalypse) from this overall franchise.

Or do you need to gravitate more to the negative because it isn't the MCU? (shrug)

It's fun listening to you guys diagnose the patient before they roll him into your hospital room.  How about the 2020 NFL champ, got any hot summer takes on who that's going to be before they've played any games in the season yet?  :makepoint:

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Still the much better Quicksilver. Hopefully the MCU figures out a way to retain and integrate him in the larger Marvel Universe.

Thanks for posting this. :foryou:

Yeah, for me, Evan Peters' brief appearance as Quicksilver in DOFP was one of the funniest coolest super-hero stints ever. Not sure where Bryan Singer's head went with Apocalypse, the guy is such a good filmmaker. Maybe he does have it in his brain that third movies are supposed to be bad so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. I thought there were bits of a good movie there, but overall not good. 

As for the above clip, I know it's just a bit part of a larger piece, but if that's part of a final cut, it does not bode well. The music, the acting, the directing? When I heard that longtime producer Simon Kinsberg said "I'll direct this one!", I shook my head. 

But eh, maybe I'll go see it. Something to do before Spiderman swings into a theater near me this summer.

19 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yeah, for me, Evan Peters' brief appearance as Quicksilver in DOFP was one of the funniest coolest super-hero stints ever. Not sure where Bryan Singer's head went with Apocalypse, the guy is such a good filmmaker. Maybe he does have it in his brain that third movies are supposed to be bad so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. I thought there were bits of a good movie there, but overall not good. 

As for the above clip, I know it's just a bit part of a larger piece, but if that's part of a final cut, it does not bode well. The music, the acting, the directing? When I heard that longtime producer Simon Kinsberg said "I'll direct this one!", I shook my head. 

But eh, maybe I'll go see it. Something to do before Spiderman swings into a theater near me this summer.

This movie may bomb hard. Especially with the level of fanboy hate thrown at it right out of the gate, and Fox potentially taking a WB approach as a studio in listening to the reactions too excessively.

But it may also turn out to be good, yet lost in the hate and trying to punch its way through it all to prove itself. Leading to @mattn792 callout about the film over-selling itself now to make it clear 'We aren't the horrible story you are making us out to be'. No wonder why the cast and creators are having to push that message so hard.

Social media makes it so easy to influence these things, at times it can kill momentum. The good and the bad with our crowd-sourcing of information nowadays.

13 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

This movie may bomb hard. Especially with the level of fanboy hate thrown at it right out of the gate, and Fox potentially taking a WB approach as a studio in listening to the reactions too excessively.

But it may also turn out to be good, yet lost in the hate and trying to punch its way through it all to prove itself. Leading to @mattn792 callout about the film over-selling itself now to make it clear 'We aren't the horrible story you are making us out to be'. No wonder why the cast and creators are having to push that message so hard.

Social media makes it so easy to influence these things, at times it can kill momentum. The good and the bad with our crowd-sourcing of information nowadays.

will*

:wink:

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

We'll know soon enough, oh purveyor of the positive.

:baiting::foryou:

I won't know until 2021, when it's shown on TV. lol

Haven't seen an X-Men (titled) movie in theaters since #3. Saw Origins: Wolverine and Logan in theaters, though.

32 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I won't know until 2021, when it's shown on TV. lol

Haven't seen an X-Men (titled) movie in theaters since #3. Saw Origins: Wolverine and Logan in theaters, though.

Hold on to that hammer.

emotion01.gif.2bf18a7d99843782b95b06755ebdc273.gif

:baiting:

6 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

It's fun listening to you guys diagnose the patient before they roll him into your hospital room.  How about the 2020 NFL champ, got any hot summer takes on who that's going to be before they've played any games in the season yet?  :makepoint:

Manziel.  Bet on Manziel. :foryou: