• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Taneleer Tivan said:

I was gonna say that I don't think they're gonna stop putting media players in PlayStations and XBoxes, but you may have covered that here.

I too enjoy having physical media. A few CDs. I prefer buying physical video games. Lots of shows and movies on disc. Etc.

You know, I'm not so sure that we won't see that development come along soon. The push definitely seems to be towards streaming programs like X-Box Gold/Plus/Live/Whatever it's called, Playstation Plus etc, and the idea of streaming titles from a library as opposed to buying physical discs. i think we could see it in the next generation of games. I know for a long time that there was interest or even rumors in a Steam Box, or a console that would only stream stuff from Steam. Makes sense. I'll be sad, but not surprised, if this comes along pretty soon.

I have been helping a buddy sell his CD collection lately, and I find that I am pulling aside a ton of stuff for myself, because so much of it is so cool! I collect vinyl too, but there are some great CD sets out there, with great packaging, etc that are worthless, and it's a shame because the content is so great! I have a whole slew of CD Boxed Sets now, and they look great on the shelf and sound great in the car, and a lot of the stuff isn't available on Prime, etc. 

Of course, it's probably no surprise that folks like us, who are on a comic book message board, would enjoy owning physical media. It's all part of the charm of "stuff"!

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

I have a feeling that guy has actually attended a few REAL pitch meetings.

That's more or less how envision the real pitch meeting went.  

I look at it this way -- I already know I'd end up in full agreement with the 10 minutes of mockery I've just watched, so I don't see a whole lot of need to subject myself to the full fiasco and sacrifice some free time that I'll never get back. 

14 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Just do it man!If you're talking about it,you know you wanna!I'm here to say get it,or in ten years you'll be bellyaching you didn't :sumo:

You know I'm right friend.Unless it was Elektra bad.Whoo,if it's that awful-I've not seen DP- I'll shut up lol 

As always, you provide wise council! I take it all back, I'm buying it TODAY! And if I regret the choice, I'm mailing it to you, so YOU can deal with it!

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

That's more or less how envision the real pitch meeting went.  

I look at it this way -- I already know I'd end up in full agreement with the 10 minutes of mockery I've just watched, so I don't see a whole lot of need to subject myself to the full fiasco and sacrifice some free time that I'll never get back. 

Let's be honest. You were already there when Fox announced 'We have a new X-men film...'

:insane: :baiting:

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Not true, I got there when Fox announced 'We have a new X-men film and it's going to be Dark Phoenix again.'  :foryou:

Well, you actually would have seen a Dark Phoenix comic book adaptation. But then a sponsoring transition Disney EVP got concerned how 'X-Men' was outdated and Skrulls were future-claimed.

:banana:

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Well, you actually would have seen a Dark Phoenix comic book adaptation. But then a sponsoring transition Disney EVP got concerned how 'X-Men' was outdated and Skrulls were future-claimed.

:banana:

That all depends -- 105 minute comic book adaptation, or three movie arc?  I think we can all safely say that all things Phoenix mashed up into one movie is not a recipe for success.

18 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

As always, you provide wise council! I take it all back, I'm buying it TODAY! And if I regret the choice, I'm mailing it to you, so YOU can deal with it!

Don't do it!The shipping is ghastly to Canada!

On the topic of your friends CD's-have you looked at discogs?I was SHOCKED at what some undergroundish and even mainstream CD's will fetch,especially with black metal.Tapes weren't such a big surprise,but just looking to replace some well loved scratched stuff like Mayhem and Darkthrone made me sick I wasn't more careful.

(see,I kept sort of on topic Dark Phoenix ,Darkthrone 😐)

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

On the topic of your friends CD's-have you looked at discogs?I was SHOCKED at what some undergroundish and even mainstream CD's will fetch,especially with black metal.Tapes weren't such a big surprise,but just looking to replace some well loved scratched stuff like Mayhem and Darkthrone made me sick I wasn't more careful.

Wait, there's people out there paying up for Darkthrone CDs????  Making me wish I still had my copies...

14 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

That all depends -- 105 minute comic book adaptation, or three movie arc?  I think we can all safely say that all things Phoenix mashed up into one movie is not a recipe for success.

Can we all? Can we? You are you speaking to the royal 'WE' as you look around with the crown on your head? :insane:

Your dislike for the film has been steady for a long while. It's an approach.

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Wait, there's people out there paying up for Darkthrone CDs????  Making me wish I still had my copies...

Bruh.You should see some record making prices on Burzum.It depends of course on the printing,but CD's shocking to me,are collectable to some.

https://www.discogs.com/Darkthrone-A-Blaze-In-The-Northern-Sky/release/2624225

Edited by porcupine48
To clear up lp record from a recorded feat

Just now, porcupine48 said:

Bruh.You should see some record prices on Burzum.It depends of course on the printing,but CD's shocking to me,are collectable to some.

https://www.discogs.com/Darkthrone-A-Blaze-In-The-Northern-Sky/release/2624225

$110!! :whatthe:

Of course at this point I have no idea which printing I had, but still, wow.  

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Can we all? Can we? You are you speaking to the royal 'WE' as you look around with the crown on your head? :insane:

Your dislike for the film has been steady for a long while. It's an approach.

If it walks like The Last Stand, and it quacks like The Last Stand, then...

Just now, mattn792 said:

If it walks like The Last Stand, and it quacks like The Last Stand, then...

Like I said, you have been consistent. Consistently negative. :insane:

Even with Matthew Vaughn, his concept of getting to Dark Phoenix was one additional film to gel the audience with all of the characters before a massive shift occurred. Not two extra films.

But Hollywood is calling for you. :baiting:

10 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

If it means you have to own a copy of Dark Phoenix, it may be worth it! You've been warned!

As far as CD's, yeah, that's the reason why I told my friend I'd sell his collection for him, rather than let him take everything down to Half Price Books, where he'd get 5 cents a pop for his cd's. There are still some things that sell for crazy money. His collection is that of a rock and roll curator, so, you know, full collections of Dylan, Bowie, Beatles, Beach Boys, with all of their various pressings and rereleases and live boots and all of that stuff; but he also has a good collection of exotica, 60's girl groups, etc that sell pretty well. Definitely better than a nickel each. It's definitely worth looking through those old cd collections before you send them to the Goodwill. Heck, just last week I went to a garage sale and picked up a few discs for 25 cents each, including several bizarre Australian imports and stuff which should sell for an easy $10-$15. 

Media! It's good for ya!

8 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Like I said, you have been consistent. Consistently negative. :insane:

Even with Matthew Vaughn, his concept of getting to Dark Phoenix was one additional film to gel the audience with all of the characters before a massive shift occurred. Not two extra films.

But Hollywood is calling for you. :baiting:

Hollywood be like :whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

Edited by mattn792
Emoji no go