• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

RUMOR: THE ORVILLE Actress Halston Sage May Have Landed The Role Of Dazzler In X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX

153273.jpg

Recently, Omega Underground mentioned 24-year-old The Orville actress Halston Sage as one of the names (along with Suki Waterhouse) they had heard might be in the running to play Dazzler in X-Men: Dark Phoenix, and now some fairly strong evidence would seem to back up their initial report - possibly even confirming that she's landed the role.

Not only was Halston spotted alongside the likes of Tye Sheridan, Sophie Turner, Alexandra Shipp, and Nicholas Hoult at a Hans Zimmer concert in Montreal, but one of the film's stuntmen shared an Instagram pic (since deleted) which appears to show headshots of Sage and Jessica Chastain on a board in the background.

How Nicholas Hoult Was Lured Back For 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix'

Hoult’s contract with 20th Century Fox was up after X-Men: Apocalypse, Hoult’s third time playing Beast. Hoult was lured back for more by the promise of an interesting new direction for the character from Simon Kinberg.

“It's very different for Beast this time around, and that was part of the appeal for doing the movie for me,” Hoult tells Entertainment Tonight Canada at the Toronto International Film Festival (see the video above). “Simon Kinberg, who wrote and is directing this time, and he has great ideas for where he wanted the character to go, so it was exciting.”

Apocalypse should have been a two-part movie. First part to slowly introduce him to audiences ending in a massive reveal, and then the big fight movie.

More Evidence Points To X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX Being Released As A Two-Part Movie

Jean_Grey.jpg

Last night, Olivia Munn seemingly let it slip that Simon Kinberg's take on The Dark Phoenix Saga will be released in two parts and now a new report provides further evidence in regards to that being the case. According to Universo X-Men, one of the movie's extras has revealed that the studio is planning on bringing them all back shortly after the first movie finishes shooting for a second installment. 

Apparently, the plan is to wait for the winter to pass in Montreal and then for filming to resume either early next year or near the summer for the second part of the story to hit theaters soon after in 2019. 

Another superhero movies wraps production this week.

w0qYPrt.png

X-Men: Dark Phoenix director Simon Kinberg shared the image below to his Instagram account, confirming that cameras have stopped rolling. The pic is a BTS shot from Xavier's School, and although a few characters are visible the background, they're too out of focus to be able to determine their identities.

Many fans were worried when first-time director Kinberg signed on to helm this project, but filming certainly seems to have gone without a hitch. Hopefully an official look at the movie will be released soon so we can get a better idea of what to expect.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix is set to hit theaters November 2, 2018.

Oh boy!

RUMOR: The Skrulls Will Reportedly Make Their Live-Action Debut In X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX

154601.jpg

Fan site Universo X-Men is reporting that X-Men: Dark Phoenix will feature the warlike, shape-shifting alien race known as The Skrulls.

According to their sources, a scene takes place at the United Nations building with the likes of Professor Xavier, Magneto, Jean Grey and Cyclops in attendance to discuss mutant rights. At some point, alien ships launch an attack, taking everyone by surprise.

So, that'll be the Shi’ar Empire.. right? Well, although the actors spotted on set were wearing motion-capture suits, apparently they were clearly identified as Skrulls.

Could this be the reason why Jessica Chastain put out she really wasn't playing Shi’ar empress Lilandra?

Alexandra Shipp Promises That X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX Is Faithful To The Comic Books

Storm.jpg

If star Alexandra Shipp is to be believed, it will make good use of the source material and make fans very happy (so here's hoping the tale will take us into outer space even for just a little while).

"As a fan of X-Men, you are going to be very happy," she says, "because I’m a huge fan of X-Men and so is our director, Simon [Kinberg], who’s also writing and executive producing it. He is not letting anything go. It’s very accurate to the comics and he really gives the fans what they’ve been asking for, in my opinion. All I can say is that you’re really going to like it." Here's hoping she's right, eh?

As for what we can expect from Storm, the actress wouldn't reveal much and even refused to confirm or deny the return of Storm's mohawk! "If I ever want to do another X-Men movie in the future I can’t tell you sh*t. (Laughs)"

On 4/24/2017 at 7:27 AM, fantastic_four said:
On 4/22/2017 at 5:35 PM, Gatsby77 said:

I know I'm late to the party but it bears repeating: The Last Stand already did Dark Phoenix. Half-assed and poorly, but c'mon...

+1

This seems senseless.  They need to hand it back to Marvel.

To be fair, the Dark Phoenix saga is a story arc on it's own able to span several films. Last Stand was a ridiculously cheap and amateur way of dealing with what arguably could be one of the greatest X-men story arcs of all time and certainly the best of the 80's.

But I'll wait till seeing it before passing judgement.

Which is worse - Dark Phoenix in X-Men: The Last Stand, or Topher Grace as Eddie Brock/Venom?

My vote is for Eric Foreman.  TLS was simply a terrible movie, it happens.  But Topher was such an obscenely bad casting choice that anyone even suggesting it should have been fired immediately.

New Rumor Suggests a Grim Death in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix'

phoenix-223876-640x320.jpg

According to a new rumor, it seems like the upcoming Dark Phoenix movie might take things even further than the last film, breaking the hearts of X-Men movie fans in the process. That Hashtag Show reports that sources close to the film have confirmed a major death is on the way.

According to this source, Simon Kinberg's Dark Phoenix movie will show Jean Grey (Sophie Turner) going down a devastating path of destruction, similar to the one she experiences in the comics. When the Phoenix starts to take over, and Jean can't control the power, she's going to impale and kill one of the original mutants from this group of X-Men film characters.

This means that one of the characters from First Class that's still in the franchise is going to meet their end in 2018. For those keeping track, only four mutants from First Class are still around.

First Official Look At Jessica Chastain As SPOILER In X-Men Dark Phoenix

156122.jpg

Though it was never officially announced that Jessica Chastain was playing Shi'ar Empress Lilandra Neramani in X-Men: Dark Phoenix, because she's the character that was mentioned in the initial trade reports we all just assumed it must be the case.

However, Chastain herself recently cast doubt on this with an Instagram post, and now EW has seemingly confirmed that she'll actually be playing...

Spoiler

The Skrull Queen!

:applause:

Edited by Bosco685

37 minutes ago, drotto said:

Also if they stay true to the original story, how do they handle the topic that Jean basically committed suicide because of what she did as the Pheonix.  Teen age suicide is a very touchy topic to say the least.

She probably won't be slitting her wrists or locking herself in the garage with the car running.  I don't think there's too much controversy about goddesses flying into the sun or what not.  Also, I don't think she's really a teenager anymore.  But more than that, I don't think they'll have her die this time, unless she somehow sacrifices herself to destroy a larger threat (like an invading Shiar army who will likely be hunting the phoenix and therefore targeting earth).  And even then, I think her 'lifeless' body will be found floating in space in the end credits.  I think JLaw will die (among others). 

They've got to make it different from the last phoenix movie....

7 minutes ago, Antpark said:

I thought I'd be excited by those early Phoenix photos, but there's just something about Sophie Turner . . . . I can't quite put my finger on it, but  I'm just not feeling it.

She's got a stone face and shows little or no emotion, ever.  Byrne presented her far more expressively evil as Dark Phoenix.

latest?cb=20130913202207