• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

Not every movie should be full-bore fast-paced for the full run time.

Logan is a perfect balance of brutal action and mostly-coherent storytelling (there are some outliers - no worse than any other X-Men movie - in fact most likely the least of any X-Men movie).

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Not every movie should be full-bore fast-paced for the full run time.

Logan is a perfect balance of brutal action and mostly-coherent storytelling (there are some outliers - no worse than any other X-Men movie - in fact most likely the least of any X-Men movie).

Perfectly stated, however I knew 110% what the movie was supposed to be walking in.  I had no aspirations of 50 mutant characters and plot-holes bigger than the grand canyon.  No, I knew this was going to be a movie (in its truest form) without the comic-book movie stigma.  That said, just didn't like it; it was film noir and I was left bored...

1 minute ago, sagekilz said:

Perfectly stated, however I knew 110% what the movie was supposed to be walking in.  I had no aspirations of 50 mutant characters and plot-holes bigger than the grand canyon.  No, I knew this was going to be a movie (in its truest form) without the comic-book movie stigma.  That said, just didn't like it; it was film noir and I was left bored...

Is that why my Blu-ray came with a Black & White Noir Edition..?

Seriously - it did. I haven't watched that version, yet, though.

6 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Image result for old man logan black and white gif

I was just reading about it. Apparently it's only watchable if your TV is set to "brightest whites and darkest blacks" because of some scenes being difficult to discern without color.

Your home probably has to be pitch black, too.

I'll watch it some day.

18 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Disinterest != Dislike

I offer no opinion on Logan's merits, whereas I'd write you a dissertation on why I hated The Last Jedi.

Again, your loss. That movie is fantastic! Even the soundtrack enhances the experience.