• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Saddest part for me in this thread is seeing Famke Janssen's face messed up by plastic surgery/botox, etc.  She was and is a beautiful woman, but it's a bummer for me to see men or women changed that way.  Unnatural.

Anyone remember her on ST:TNG as an emotional metamorph?  She was awesome.

latest?cb=20060703165346&path-prefix=nl

What about crab people?

I agree, and really don't understand, why most women do this. I've known beautiful girls with perfect lips double the size thru surgery and look like Daffy Duck. I. Don't. Get. It. You ruined your previously great-looking face forever.

18 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Saddest part for me in this thread is seeing Famke Janssen's face messed up by plastic surgery/botox, etc.  She was and is a beautiful woman, but it's a bummer for me to see men or women changed that way.  Unnatural.

Anyone remember her on ST:TNG as an emotional metamorph?  She was awesome.

latest?cb=20060703165346&path-prefix=nl

I always liked her as Jean Grey, whether it was the X-Men films or even in The Wolverine where she is a hallucination haunting him throughout the film. She still looked fantastic in that film.

A shame when someone tampers with their appearance like that. Though with the profession she is in, this seems to force women to retain their youthful looks.

4 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I think "X-Men" is perfect for today's cultural climate...

Some people used to be men....but after hormone therapy and transition surgery, they're...

"The X-Men!"

:shy:

What about the other direction?  The New-Men, singularly the New-Man...

Image result for newman seinfeld gif

43 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

Well maybe this movie represents the proper tombstone for the Fox X-Men universe. Anyone know if Disney plans a complete reboot?

Where is that 'obviously' emoji when you need it?

(::baiting:

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Where is that 'obviously' emoji when you need it?

(::baiting:

I hadn't heard an official word but I would definitely be shocked if they didn't reboot.

Just got out. Is it bad? Yeah. But it had some decent moments. This franchise has a great cast and some of them bring it, particularly Fassbender and Sophie Turner. As the movie plodded along, helped very much by the Hans Zimmer score, which had a kind of low driving rhythm to it like a train headed for its final destination, there were enough semi-interesting moments to keep me flipping the page, but the -script overall wasn't very good. For me, the best thing was Sophie Turner. She is a pretty good Jean Grey, imo.

Seeing this movie was like attending the funeral wake for an old friend.

I hope Feige keeps his promise and lets these X-Men rest in peace for a little while. Maybe in a few years when Marvel decides to phoenix up the mutants, they'll figure out a way to do it in a way that's totally new and different from what we expect.

42 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Just got out. Is it bad? Yeah. But it had some decent moments. This franchise has a great cast and some of them bring it, particularly Fassbender and Sophie Turner. As the movie plodded along, helped very much by the Hans Zimmer score, which had a kind of low driving rhythm to it like a train headed for its final destination, there were enough semi-interesting moments to keep me flipping the page, but the --script overall wasn't very good. For me, the best thing was Sophie Turner. She is a pretty good Jean Grey, imo.

Seeing this movie was like attending the funeral wake for an old friend.

I hope Feige keeps his promise and lets these X-Men rest in peace for a little while. Maybe in a few years when Marvel decides to phoenix up the mutants, they'll figure out a way to do it in a way that's totally new and different from what we expect.

Good to hear Sophie Turner was good.  I really liked her playing Sansa Stark in Game of Thrones.  She's a good actress.

3 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

Good to hear Sophie Turner was good.  I really liked her playing Sansa Stark in Game of Thrones.  She's a good actress.

SOPHIE TURNER WAS HORRIBLE !!!! Along with the writing , directing , and FX.  Not even great actors could save this drek !!!  Nothing was good   This movie made Last Stand look like The Empire Strikes Back  

8 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

SOPHIE TURNER WAS HORRIBLE !!!! Along with the writing , directing , and FX.  Not even great actors could save this drek !!!  Nothing was good   This movie made Last Stand look like The Empire Strikes Back  

Did you yell at the screen...?

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Hopefully Chicago Boy has more class than that. Bad enough the texting during the movie. Silence and darkness is golden, even if it's a bad movie, because other people paid to see the movie, too.

There were only 5 people in the theatre and I went with 2 of them. We were spread out quite a bit as it was a huge stadium seating venue. Shocked there were only 5 of us but jealous of the 200 others that didn’t show 

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:
22 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Did you yell at the screen...?

Hopefully Chicago Boy has more class than that. Bad enough the texting during the movie. Silence and darkness is golden, even if it's a bad movie, because other people paid to see the movie, too.

Boo!

1 minute ago, Chicago Boy said:
4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

There were only 5 people in the theatre and I went with 2 of them. We were spread out quite a bit as it was a huge stadium seating venue. Shocked there were only 5 of us but jealous of the 200 others that didn’t show 

So, yelling at the screen would have just echoed around the empty theater....