• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Magneto's name he took is Erik Magnus Lehnsherr. "Eric Magnus" at times to not sound so foreign. Many Holocaust survivors Americanized their names to not sound so Jewish as Jewish folk were discriminated against around the world back then, and still are.

magnetoxavier.jpg

DpQ9YJl.png

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Must only be closely familiar with the fake Captain Marvel. lol

Well, with Disney taking care of the Skrulls and Blink so as to have no competitive likenesses...

On 6/25/2019 at 7:13 AM, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately, with those forced Act 3 changes the film didn't get a chance to deliver that space event content more fitting to the story.

X-MEN DARK PHOENIX CONCEPT ART REVEALS CAPTAIN MARVEL ENDING

x-men-dark-phoenix-concept-art-captain-m

As if we needed more evidence that Disney Fox sabotaged the X-Men Dark Phoenix movie, now concept art has hit the net revealing the original ending was going to feature Sophie Turner as the cosmically-powered Phoenix blasting off into space.

Concept artist Houston Shark reveals the stellar concept art for Dark Phoenixon Instagram noting the change: "Jean Grey (@sophiet) Blasting Off into Space. This shot for the final sequence was changed a bit in the released film. More concept art from @darkphoenixmovie2019 toe! #xmen #jeangrey #sophieturner#marvel #fox #phoenix #art#illustration #fire #conceptart."

Regarding the similarity with the Captain Marvel movie, the end of Captain Marvel also saw Brie Larson's Carol Danvers become cosmically-powered and "blast off into space."

The similarities don't end there as Tye Sheridan also recently revealed the X-Men Dark Phoenix movie was going to feature the same villains as the Captain Marvel movie, with the Skrulls.

Fox Studios was also billing Dark Phoenix as the first "Marvel" movie starring a female superhero, but that went to Brie Larson and Captain Marvel when theDark Phoenix release date was changed for the second or third time.

:(

But no worries. Disney is going to 'fix' the X-Men. So it's all good.

hm

(:

14 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

DpQ9YJl.png

Like the MCU not following the comic books religiously, Fox had Magneto use a limited list of names.

• Erik Lehnsherr
  • Henryk Gorski

Referring to the comic book aliases wouldn't work in this case.

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

He is never referred to in this films by that name. Even in Age of Apocalypse, it is a different name.

Eh, what's in a name? With the exception of X1, X2, and DOFP, they're all bad movies anyway and no longer canon. Perhaps Disney did fandom a favor allegedly "sabotaging" Dark Phoenix by sparing us embarassing Fox versions of the Shi'ar, Skrulls, and other beloved characters mercifully deleted from Simon Kinberg's subpar -script.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Eh, what's in a name? With the exception of X1, X2, and DOFP, they're all bad movies anyway and no longer canon. Perhaps Disney did fandom a favor allegedly "sabotaging" Dark Phoenix by sparing us embarassing Fox versions of the Shi'ar, Skrulls, and other beloved characters mercifully deleted from Simon Kinberg's subpar --script.

Not as embarrassing as spelling 'embarrassing' incorrectly. Unless you were going for 'bare' and 'a@@ing' for laughs.

:baiting:

I wouldn't consider X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, Deadpool, Logan and Deadpool 2 bad movies. They're actually quite outstanding.

44 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Not as embarrassing as spelling 'embarrassing' incorrectly. Unless you were going for 'bare' and 'a@@ing' for laughs.

:baiting:

I wouldn't consider X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, Deadpool, Logan and Deadpool 2 bad movies. They're actually quite outstanding.

Not that embarrassing. Close enough for me without annoying spell check.

Forgot about First Class (the FoXverse is slowly fading from my memory) and was counting only the main event team movies and not the well done solo spinoff films Logan and Deadpool (The Wolverine and D2 weren't that good IMO). Last Stand, Apocalypse, and Dark Phoenix are a trifecta bad enough to bring down any franchise.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Not that embarrassing. Close enough for me without annoying spell check.

Forgot about First Class (the FoXverse is slowly fading from my memory) and was counting only the main event team movies and not the well done solo spinoff films Logan and Deadpool (The Wolverine and D2 weren't that good IMO). Last Stand, Apocalypse, and Dark Phoenix are a trifecta bad enough to bring down any franchise.

Well, if you are going to say some is embarrassing and then misspelling it... :baiting:

I think you are too fixated on the MCU being your only golden standard. Even our beloved studio had its Incredible Hulk, Thor: The Dark World and even Captain Marvel. :whatthe:(:

The Wolverine was quite outstanding until it got to Act 3 with Viper. I still love those scenes between Jean Grey and Logan.

51 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The Wolverine was quite outstanding until it got to Act 3 with Viper. I still love those scenes between Jean Grey and Logan.

The unrated version was an improvement over the theatrical cut of The Wolverine for me, but yeah, that third act brought the movie down.

33 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Never in my entire life have I ever heard/read him to be referred to as, "Eric Magnus". Where is the source for that "alias"?

Look, I was just trying to be clever by using what I thought was an obscure alias for Magneto. Not sure where I exactly heard it. Maybe my brain just jumbled up his name and out came Eric Magnus in some epic word scramble for the ages. For the record, I should have said Erik Lankanshire or whatever Megnuto goes by these days. I'm moving on.

9 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Look, I was just trying to be clever by using what I thought was an obscure alias for Magneto. Not sure where I exactly heard it. Maybe my brain just jumbled up his name and out came Eric Magnus in some epic word scramble for the ages. For the record, I should have said Erik Lankanshire or whatever Megnuto goes by these days. I'm moving on.

You're forgiven.

Don't do it again.

Spoiler

:jokealert:

lol

4 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

He admits to being called "Magnus" in Magneto vol. 3 # 1 (2014).

Somewhere it's noted that he adopted the name Magnus (from his given name Max Eisenhardt) sometime after the war but before meeting Prof. X.

Erik Magnus was an alternate universe version (Earth 10724) used in the X-Campus miniseries back in 2010.

#Google Yo!

58 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

He admits to being called "Magnus" in Magneto vol. 3 # 1 (2014).

Somewhere it's noted that he adopted the name Magnus (from his given name Max Eisenhardt) sometime after the war but before meeting Prof. X.

Erik Magnus was an alternate universe version (Earth 10724) used in the X-Campus miniseries back in 2010.

#Google Yo!

Now look up where this was mentioned in the movies. #Google Yo that!

9 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

I will say it again - Disney should do a Magneto: Origins movie - Fassbender is great, the character is awesome, and if we can get more scens like the Argentina scene in First Class then everyone is a winner! 

You had me at 'WINNER OF AN IDEA'! ^^