• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, paperheart said:

Saw that yesterday. Here's the thing. If the deal is not signed off yet by the appropriate regulators, how could this be the last film?

Fox Studios has noted it is business as usual until that sign-off comes.

Looks like Fox doesn't want to be overly dependent on the X-Men name in titles versus the story itself.

Has DARK PHOENIX Dropped X-MEN From Its Title? Check Out The New Logo That Debuted At CinemaCon

Dbu1pDZVMAAv-hV.jpg

We didn't get very much in the way of X-Men-related news or footage today during Fox's CinemaCon presentation, but the studio did debut a new logo for the next (final?) installment in the franchise, Dark Phoenix. It's clear that they've chosen to drop X-Men from the title altogether and highlight the "X" in Phoenix instead.

Will the film be known simply as Dark Phoenix when it hits theaters next February? It sure looks that way, but a lot can change between now and then, and the promotional material that we see at these conventions can often be placeholders.

Speaking with ScreenRant, Evans said that the impatient and impulsive Quicksilver has done some growing up since facing off with Apocalypse and officially joining the X-Men.

"He's definitely a little older and more mature, a little more subdued, sort of trying to make a, not a name but trying to do right by the X-Men and be a good guy and use his powers for good, so I think he's on that path at the moment,” Peters said.

Peters can most recently be seen as Quicksilver alongside his X-Men co-stars during a brief cameo in Deadpool 2. He discussed the process of filming that moment in a previous interview.

"We were shooting [X-Men: Dark Phoenix] and were like, 'Okay, we're going to do a quick thing for Deadpool 2,'" Peters said. "And I was like, 'Oh, that's awesome!' I thought it was going to be at the end of the film, in the credits, like some sort of funny Easter egg thing.

And we had a lot of different versions for when they open that door and turn to us. But the one they used was pretty chill, and was in the first half of the film, which I was like, 'Oh, Jesus, that's kind of weird.'"

Turns out some new member on Reddit convinced a mod he had seen an early screening of Dark Phoenix. This way the mod would clear him to start a thread and share what he saw. From there things blew up because he started pointing out Dark Phoenix takes the Last Stand story and retells it with new actors. So of course reporting sites pounced on this negative information.

Dark Phoenix Test Screening details were fake

They ended up having to pull the thread when it turned out it was all made up. But people sure loved all those negative details.

3 hours ago, paperheart said:

Let's hope its more than a dream.  Fox would be better off putting the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix episodes from the classic animated series on the big screen rather than releasing this bomb in waiting.

On 7/5/2018 at 12:12 PM, mattn792 said:

Let's hope its more than a dream.  Fox would be better off putting the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix episodes from the classic animated series on the big screen rather than releasing this bomb in waiting.

I just don't understand their motivation for making this movie (money?). Is the demand really there? I'm a huge X-Men fan, yet have zero desire to see any more X-men films that FOX releases.  And why take on the DP Saga? It's too complex of a story arc to be shoved into a single film, and I honestly don't think it translates that well to movie format in the first place. Keep it in the comics...or the cartoon for that matter.

Edited by Darkowl

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:11 AM, kdoginohio said:

they need to visit the Savage Land and give Phoenix a break. we all know the story. maybe a little Sauron, considering all the jurassic stuff.

Hell yeah!

Didn't the X-chicks get marooned in The Savage Land not that long ago in funny books?

I thought that was a cool arc.