• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Road

8 posts in this topic

#6 is out this week. It's on a SAGA-ish schedule. I believe Image would ideally like books to be on this type of schedule.

I dont understand.

I think something like 6 months on then 3 months hiatus.

Gotta admit, the 3-month breaks and staggered releases does make following multiple series from Image Comics a lot easier on my wallet.

My store owner and I had a conversation about this recently.

He said that we've reached a point where Saga and Walking Dead are the only 2 books that should continue on that path. It has absolutely killed the momentum on many Image books. It's hard to tell what is on intended hiatus anymore versus dead.

I tend to agree.

Patrick

My store owner and I had a conversation about this recently.

He said that we've reached a point where Saga and Walking Dead are the only 2 books that should continue on that path. It has absolutely killed the momentum on many Image books. It's hard to tell what is on intended hiatus anymore versus dead.

I tend to agree.

Patrick

I reckon it's not so much the breaks themselves, rather it's about making fans aware of the publishing schedule in advance. Something like Returning Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall YYYY at the end of a story arc should help. Imho, having a schedule with a planned hiatus much like TV seasons and sticking to said schedule is at least better than releasing books at complete random.

I used to have a subscription to "Hana to Yume", a semi-monthly manga anthology magazine (phonebook, really) and on the bottom of the last page of an ongoing series, it says when the next installment is scheduled for release. That was something I appreciated and reduces surprises when a title I was following skips an issue or more.