• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shouldn't World's Finest 153 be worth more?

37 posts in this topic

Since it contains arguably the most famous comic panel in the world? What serious collector wouldn't have a copy of that book?? If I was selling that book on ebay I'd add 'contains famous Batman slapping Robin panel' to the listing.

Batman-Slapping-Robin.jpg

I feel the entire World's Finest run is both underappreciated and undervalued since it combines both of DC 's biggest heroes in terms of Supes and Batman.

Especially when it comes to those very early 100 page squarebounds with the cardboard covers. :cloud9:

I feel the entire World's Finest run is both underappreciated and undervalued since it combines both of DC 's biggest heroes in terms of Supes and Batman.

Especially when it comes to those very early 100 page squarebounds with the cardboard covers. :cloud9:

Agreed

I wonder what the actual most famous comic book page / panel is - is this it? If you exclude covers, you run out of options pretty fast.

Face it Tiger, you just hit the jackpot!

Final panel from Hulk 180. Despite being only one page, it should've made the book worth more.

Since it contains arguably the most famous comic panel in the world? What serious collector wouldn't have a copy of that book?? If I was selling that book on ebay I'd add 'contains famous Batman slapping Robin panel' to the listing.

Batman-Slapping-Robin.jpg

Nope. Can't agree with super-heroes slapping around their adopted kids.

From a 21st century perspective the 'knocking some sense into' approach is just wrong.

I wonder what the actual most famous comic book page / panel is - is this it? If you exclude covers, you run out of options pretty fast.

Final panel from Hulk 180. Despite being only one page, it should've made the book worth more.

The Batman slapping Robin one is almost certainly more identifiable than anything else mentioned yet because it's made it's way outside of comics in meme form.

The Batman slapping Robin one is almost certainly more identifiable than anything else mentioned yet because it's made it's way outside of comics in meme form.

Yes its become famous outside its medium which hey Bub and the other mentions have not. It's like a Warhol painting.

+1

For famous non-cover panels, the one that comes to mind for me is The Joker from The Killing Joke. Hands on his head, looking crazy, the "Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha" surrounding him...

You just described pretty much every panel the Joker has ever been in.

+1

...the last page of Hulk 180.......the one with Wolverine's 1st appearance (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm pretty sure after the Rifleman had been posted for a while if someone had said 'hey shouldn't this comic be worth more since its so well known now?' the answers would have been 'NO"