• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I love these kind of DC sci fi covers
1 1

69 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, pickycollector said:

I sold it a few years ago, sorry, but I kept the scan to remember that great cover

oh no... I wasn't trying to buy yours even if you had it.  As soon as I typed it I ran to eBay and started saving a few on my watchlist.  I have $18 in eBay bucks I have to burn by the end of the month.   I like to pick up the train and subway and death on the subway covers. 

9 hours ago, kav said:

O Henry's works basically all contain a surprise ending. They lead you on it the beginning with a thought that everything is going according to plan. He lets the reader think that they have it figured out by we don't. He has something waiting for us at the end of the story.
For example in Gift of the Magi a broke young couple buy christmas gifts-the woman sells her hair to buy a silver chain for her husband's pocket watch.  It turns out he sold his watch to buy her a set of combs.

Lots of great O Henry stories. One of my favorite is one of the first I ever read, The Ransom of Red Chief.

Just now, ttfitz said:

Lots of great O Henry stories. One of my favorite is one of the first I ever read, The Ransom of Red Chief.

There was a columnist for the local paper here-she was making big bank with her popular columns-then they noticed the supposed true life stories always had an O Henry ending-started researching and it turned out it seems she invented em all so she was canned.

Also suspicious was how she just so happened to randomly meet all these interesting people with fascinating tales.  She'd go to like taco bell and encounter a couple teenagers for example that had an O Henry story to relate to this random stranger-funny how that happens.
Most of the people I randomly meet wanna brag about themselves or ***** about their ex-

Edited by kav