• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help identifying Venom Spider-Man art

11 posts in this topic

Can you guys help me figure out what books these 2 original art pieces go to? And who the artist(s) are? I'm going to be selling them and need to make sure that they actually were published in something. I appreciate the help! Joey

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I believe those are from the 1998 one-shot called Spider-Man: The Venom Agenda. With the art by Tom Lyle and Robert Jones. The art is definitely Lyle and Jones.

http://www.comicbookdb.com/issue.php?ID=66220

I appreciate that..I know I have that book somewhere in my backstock,I'll be digging it out to see!

I didn't think it was just fan art. I bought about 20 pages of Spider-Man art from a guy about 7-8 years ago and everything else was from the Spider-Man Unlimited series except for these. I just forgot what they went to. thanks again!

looks like photocopied marvel boards and fan art but thats just my take on it.

Looks like he just scanned them in b/w and not in color

...from b/w reduced photocopies made in a copier when the toner is running lower ;)

looks like photocopied marvel boards and fan art but thats just my take on it.

I could see how you might think these are photocopies given the smudgy, black and white look of the art board. But what made you think it was fan art? I thought Tom Lyle right away.

Thx for the info. I thought it was fan art because nearly every artist on digital webbing draws exactly like that.