• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The least respected genre of the Golden Age...
1 1

168 posts in this topic

OH for the love of god! I was hooked on the Purple Sage Story, but you just leave us hanging there when Vicky is profaning away about her sacred place that she and Jeff shared???? OMG, we need to know how this ends. My money is on Jeff as Larsen looks a bit of a weenie city slicker to me. Is he sitting on that horse a little crooked?

lol Here you go.

You were right. Larsen was a crook that got his handed to him by Jeff.

You can rest easy now. lol

Rangeland%20Love%202%20Heath%20Page-2_zpsbdtgyu7l.jpg

OH for the love of god! I was hooked on the Purple Sage Story, but you just leave us hanging there when Vicky is profaning away about her sacred place that she and Jeff shared???? OMG, we need to know how this ends. My money is on Jeff as Larsen looks a bit of a weenie city slicker to me. Is he sitting on that horse a little crooked?

lol Here you go.

You were right. Larsen was a crook that got his handed to him by Jeff.

You can rest easy now. lol

Rangeland%20Love%202%20Heath%20Page-2_zpsbdtgyu7l.jpg

I just knew he was no good for our Vicky. Thank goodness she is safe now.

26 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

and since this thread was raised from the dead, let's bring it back around zombie style to where Bedrock started it

western romance photo cover, the most reviled of all sub-genres

call me crazy, I love this book.    :x

image.jpeg.82f0401d30bba53e1cb051ba3abdb923.jpeg

I myself like Avon’s Frontier Romances #2, with artists such as Manny Stallman and Howard Larsen. I might consider Stallman to be a newfound favorite of mine in terms of romance art of the time, with how he manages to have a subtle, yet impactful feeling with the art.

NOtiZNd.jpg

zI9BM3A.jpg

68y08tM.jpg

fCmf1hQ.jpg

37 minutes ago, Electricmastro said:

I myself like Avon’s Frontier Romances #2, with artists such as Manny Stallman and Howard Larsen. I might consider Stallman to be a newfound favorite of mine in terms of romance art of the time, with how he manages to have a subtle, yet impactful feeling with the art.

68y08tM.jpg

I love this. On this page, at least, the artist is just getting in the way of the story lol

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Nobody drew western babes like this guy...  Who can focus on the story?

Jumbos and Jungles are still relatively cheap and most have babe bondage covers. I'm addicted to those and scoop 'em up while they are low dollar in comparison. Baker art is an added plus. Hell, I bought this at 50.00 and thought it was a bargain

IMG_0210.jpeg

Edited by Courageous Cat