• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super Sons variant covers

97 posts in this topic

I'm aware of that implication and I enjoy the cover. I was simply saying the kids were either not born or known of in the parents respective cases when they wore those costumes. I like the trunks. Just amusing is all. Not looking for some grand evaluation of the cover.

I'm aware of that implication and I enjoy the cover. I was simply saying the kids were either not born or known of in the parents respective cases when they wore those costumes. I like the trunks. Just amusing is all. Not looking for some grand evaluation of the cover.

I believe Jon knows about the old costume since Lois and Clark showed it to him I think in Superman: Lois and Clark. I remember it was on the DC Rebirth Holiday Special, too, in the Krypto story.

As for Bats, doesn't he have the trunks in Morrison's run?

They updated the Mattina covers on Hiphopfs site to reflect with the DC logos..although I would have preferred the virgin Cover, I actually think it looks good..

Thoughts?

Are there any others we missed

Fried Pie variant by Jonboy Meyers but no official image yet. I think just inks or partials on his Instagram.

will it take the Super Sons comic to come out for there to be interest in Superboy's first appearance in Lois and Clark....they sell but not really well.

It might take crossing over to mass media (animated feature/series or movie) and seeing his acceptance there before there's any significant appreciation.

Also, there's still the question of what's considered his first appearance. Lois was pregnant with and gave birth to him in Convergence: Superman. First time his powers manifest is during Superman: Lois and Clark. First time he wears a costume is in Superman (Rebirth).