• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super Sons variant covers

97 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

My pick-ups for the day...Anyone else get anything?

My "Mattina" variant ships out next week....

I caved and bought everything. Pretty much what's below except top middle (because I can't find it anywhere) plus Tyler Kirkham Group Virgin Variant. Plan to buy the Kirkham Joker B&W (top of right) when preorders open Saturday and hoping to get the ECCC 2017 Foil Cover, too. Oh well, it's good that I cancelled a bunch of Marvel titles and haven't bought any GNs this month.

Picture from Jorge Jimenez Instagram (likely comp copies?):

16465078_471579889898145_445352727084112

1 hour ago, Dwitkin82 said:

I know the feeling...Im gunna wait on the foil covers until Doug has them in hand for sig opps..I'll prob buy it CGC' then...same with the Adolfo cover too

I'm just sticking mine in Mylites2 + top loader. It wouldn't feel right to have only some of the variants slabbed and it's just too expensive to get all of them slabbed. Also, the Kirkham 9.8 slabs are, I believe, Voldie, while Mattina is CGC and I need that to be consistent, too. :p

On 3/4/2017 at 6:34 AM, Dwitkin82 said:

And just bought the ECCC Foil cover from Toast.....damnitt!

Lol, I'm ordering mine from Dre along with the Wild Storm Foil. :) 

First batch of variants. I received the Francesco Mattina and Simone Bianchi after I already took this pic and I was too lazy to stage them to take pics again. Apparently, I already had the EBAS, too, but had too many comic mailers that I missed opening that one. :p 

MKqSMBfh.jpg

23 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

Nicely done...other than the Adolfo cover I think Im done. Not a fan of the Bianchi or Quietly covers...

Not to be a downer but, anyone think these will go anywhere? I've heard the story is good, and it'll be their first team-up (I think) but i'm trying to limit my spec books so I haven't picked this one up yet. 

9 hours ago, aerischan said:

Lol, I'm ordering mine from Dre along with the Wild Storm Foil. :) 

First batch of variants. I received the Francesco Mattina and Simone Bianchi after I already took this pic and I was too lazy to stage them to take pics again. Apparently, I already had the EBAS, too, but had too many comic mailers that I missed opening that one. :p 

MKqSMBfh.jpg

Just wondering, 2nd row, 2nd book, B&W background, where is that from? Thanks. 

55 minutes ago, Gunnz said:

Not to be a downer but, anyone think these will go anywhere? I've heard the story is good, and it'll be their first team-up (I think) but i'm trying to limit my spec books so I haven't picked this one up yet. 

I didn't buy these for spec. Honestly, I expect to see most of these on clearance sales rather than appreciate.  If you want spec, better bet is Superman #10. I'm just really loving the series right now which is why I'm collecting all the variants, even the Simone Bianchi which I'm not a fan of. Felt wrong that I had just that one variant missing from my collection and it was just $10 anyway.

Edited by aerischan

43 minutes ago, MDR123 said:

Just wondering, 2nd row, 2nd book, B&W background, where is that from? Thanks. 

It's swag/giveaway from the ComicsPRO annual meeting held in February. Bought my copy from ebay.

Figure I should just identify all of these. From left to right.

Row 1

Frank Quitely Cover A, C & B (Hall of Comics/More Great Collectibles/Voldie)

Row 2

Jonboy Meyers (Fried Pie Comics), Jorge Jimenez B&W (ComicsPRO Exclusive), Mirka Andolfo (Bulletproof Comix)

Row 3

Tyler Kirkham Catwoman, Group & Poison Ivy (Unknown Comic Books)

MKqSMBfh.jpg&key=657053eff071cd1e6321dd5

26 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

D*mnitt..had too

IMG_2865.PNG

Lol, already have this one (DCBS Rebirth Overstock). Not quite NM (VF+ to VF/NM) but it was only $2.99 when BIN on ebay was ~$10-15. Also bought the 2nd printing with red Rebirth header and background (15% off cover at Midtown) but even that is out of stock now. Wish I had bought extra of the 2nd printing. It looks really spiffy. :D 

Superman #10 and #11 (read via comiXology) were darned fun and what had me geared up for Super Sons in the first place. I got into DC Rebirth late and unfortunately, the first print was already out of stock on Midtown, TFAW, etc. by then. :D 

Edited by aerischan