• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA VS KING KONG: MONSTERVERSE (5/22/20)
3 3

345 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Another confirmation from the trailer I missed at first.

Reveal hidden contents

I was surprised that I almost had to point this out.

It's gonna be the same thing that all This Hero vs That Hero ends up being.

The trailer was very Kong-centric, and many seem to think there will be a Godzilla-centric one to follow. I'm not so sure, though, if they're trying to keep Mecha on the DL.

4 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

I was surprised that I almost had to point this out.

It's gonna be the same thing that all This Hero vs That Hero ends up being.

The trailer was very Kong-centric, and many seem to think there will be a Godzilla-centric one to follow. I'm not so sure, though, if they're trying to keep Mecha on the DL.

Kong will have Godzilla pinned and ready to do the coup de grace when a beaten Godzilla will say "Save Mothra".  Realizing Godzilla's monsteranity Kong will relent and they will battle MechaGodzilla together.

2 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

Kong will have Godzilla pinned and ready to do the coup de grace when a beaten Godzilla will say "Save Mothra".  Realizing Godzilla's monsteranity Kong will relent and they will battle MechaGodzilla together.

It's not the best conclusion to their battle, but in the context of the film, it probably makes sense.

Edited by Angel of Death

On 1/24/2021 at 1:07 PM, media_junkie said:

Ok, so Godzilla was 400 feet tall in "Godzilla: King of Monsters", and King Kong was 105 feet tall in "Kong: Skull Island".  In that trailer they look about the same size, so either Godzilla lost 300 feet or King Kong had one hell of a growth spurt.  

Well in the original Kong Vs Zilla they were same size so why not now?

2 hours ago, thunsicker said:

2MCVbgI.jpg

On 1/25/2021 at 11:09 AM, thunsicker said:

On 1/25/2021 at 11:11 AM, Angel of Death said:

It's not the best conclusion to their battle, but in the context of the film, it probably makes sense.

Still can't believe that joke comes up so frequently. But I guess if Kong and Godzilla have the same parental trauma... (::facepalm:

Jay_Oliva_Martha.JPG.7d0ce9903b9c6531b44d3243741b1ef6.JPG

The origin of Godzilla vs. Kong’s new Titans could be connected both to the Skullcrawlers in Kong: Skull Island and the credits of Godzilla: King of the Monsters. The creatures seen in the trailer are two of four Titans confirmed to appear in the upcoming film, with the others being the titular monsters themselves, Godzilla and Kong.

Godzilla Vs. Kong’s New Titans Explained
The two Titans are large, serpent-like beasts with gray skin and red, glowing wings shaped like those of a bat. As for what these creatures are named, action figures associated with Godzilla vs. Kong suggest that at least one of them is of a species called Warbat. Before the figures were released, leaked images suggested it was called Nozuki, but the paint on the figure was a bit different. When the Warbat figure was released, it was believed that the “Nozuki” name had been changed to “Warbat” and that his colors had been adjusted. However, the reveal that there are in fact at least two of these snake-like creatures in Godzilla vs. Kong could mean that Nozuki and Warbat are two separate Titans. Even so, this detail remains unconfirmed, and it’s at least possible that Warbat is just the name of the species itself; both could actually be Warbats.

Monarch Was Making Its Own Titans

The number of known Titans on the planet was still going up during the timeframe of Godzilla: King of the Monsters, so these creatures could have been among the undiscovered, hidden creatures in the MonsterVerse. It may be that they’ll be found in the Hollow Earth tunnels during Monarch’s investigation into “the origin of the Titans”. Alternatively, Godzilla vs. Kong may offer a more unique explanation for their presence in the story. It’s possible that Nozuki and Warbat are the MonsterVerse’s first genetically-engineered monsters. Toho also went down this road in the Heisei series when it created Biollante.

The prospect of the MonsterVerse having its own manmade monster was quietly set up in the credits of Godzilla: King of the Monsters. In the article titled “Monarch Boosts Forces Around Skull Island”, it’s said that the organization was building a “mechanized giant” and had previously worked on creating “organic Titans”. No other details about their experiments were given, but it may be that some of their efforts turned out to be successful. Or, it could be that Monarch abandoned these efforts, only them for to be continued by the mysterious APEX, who appears to be a splinter group of some kind.