• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA VS KING KONG: MONSTERVERSE (5/22/20)
3 3

345 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2021 at 7:41 AM, Oddball said:

I thought it was Black Widow that was supposed to save the theater industry.

I hear Godzilla is huge in Asia. I bet those numbers don't translate domestically. I'll be seeing this one on the couch with the rest of America.  #animalsfighting  #blackwidowwillstillsavethetheaterindustry

19 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I hear Godzilla is huge in Asia. I bet those numbers don't translate domestically. I'll be seeing this one on the couch with the rest of America.  #animalsfighting  #blackwidowwillstillsavethetheaterindustry

What gave you a clue - all the closed theaters across America? Even the Regal Cinemas aren't opening until April.

Regal Cinemas To Reopen Its Theaters In April

Or was this your 'NostradaMCUs' moment to create the cinema future? :baiting:

Don't think there are any movie theaters open in Western Canada. BC Health just shut down all dine-in cafes and restaurants for 3 weeks solid. Drive-thru, pick up, delivery and sitting outside on the wet deck to eat allowed still. Don't expect much of a box office in Canada for Easter long weekend coming up.

In anticipation of the release of Godzilla vs Kong, fans across the United States have booked over 10,000 private watch parties at local theaters. 2020 was a rough year for the exhibition industry, with theaters remaining closed for most of the year. When they did reopen, studios had already pushed nearly all of their major blockbusters into 2021, hoping that, by then, the box office would be in a much better state. Instead of risking further delays, Warner Bros. decided to release their 2021 slate on HBO Max and in theaters the same day, including Godzilla vs Kong.

The highly anticipated battle of the Titans will see the last six years of Legendary's MonsterVerse story come to a head on March 31. Godzilla, who has appeared in both 2014's Godzilla and 2019's Godzilla: King of the Monsters, will go up against Kong, introduced in Kong: Skull Island. The film, which has already premiered internationally, broke records as the largest international opening for a blockbuster during the pandemic, and all eyes will be watching to see how it performs at the US box office over the Easter weekend.