• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GODZILLA VS KING KONG: MONSTERVERSE (5/22/20)
3 3

345 posts in this topic

I'll give it a... 1.5/5? The VFX are very bad at times. Godzilla looks pretty good, and so does Kong's hair, but much else is 'ugh'. Of course, they try to get us to care for these meaningless human characters. The dialogue is so bad.

They got 1 thing right:

Spoiler

Godzilla dominated Kong.

Edited by Angel of Death

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

This movie is not good...

1 hour ago, bronze_rules said:

Watched at midnight. Or should say fast forwarded through after about 1/2 hour. Not too thrilled about the CGI. Prefer the 70s version. 2c

:whatthe:

I'm still excited to see it tonight. But bummed at those reactions.

19 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Don't think there are any movie theaters open in Western Canada. BC Health just shut down all dine-in cafes and restaurants for 3 weeks solid. Drive-thru, pick up, delivery and sitting outside on the wet deck to eat allowed still. Don't expect much of a box office in Canada for Easter long weekend coming up.

Theaters in Ontario have been closed since last year

Watched it ... felt like a cleaned up version of the last one.  The Mechagodzilla is lame, real lame, just a generic Transformer.

Godzilla didn't do his sound once, he only roared like a T-rex:|

Only interesting thing was that the bad guys have an underground Hyperloop tube that goes from Florida to Hong Kong.

Smog Monster was on tv a week ago.  Hadn't seen it in almost 40 years, figured hey nostalgia!

I was surprised at how genuinely good it is, great effects too.

5 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

Watched at midnight. Or should say fast forwarded through after about 1/2 hour. Not too thrilled about the CGI. Prefer the 70s version. 2c

Fair enough.  I will not pay for on demand then...

I'm at 1:23 hours so in the heart of the big monster fight. This is massive! Kong in one scene pile-drives Godzilla into a building. And yes - Godzilla very much lets out his traditional massive roar.

I think some hate the human side in these films. I'm having a good time.

And on the third monster...

Spoiler

Mechagodzilla is huge and deadly

2 hours ago, vheflin said:

Watched it ... felt like a cleaned up version of the last one.  The Mechagodzilla is lame, real lame, just a generic Transformer.

Godzilla didn't do his sound once, he only roared like a T-rex:|

Only interesting thing was that the bad guys have an underground Hyperloop tube that goes from Florida to Hong Kong.

Smog Monster was on tv a week ago.  Hadn't seen it in almost 40 years, figured hey nostalgia!

I was surprised at how genuinely good it is, great effects too.

I have to strongly disagree. He took one big monster and pretty much tossed him around like a ragdoll. This would have been one heck of an experience on an IMAX screen!

I really liked this one. Definitely bummed me out I that wasn’t seeing it in IMAX.  There are a few shots in there that would be incredible on a massive screen.   Is it high art? No, but it’s not trying to be. It’s a fun movie about giant monsters and robots beating the out of each other with the city taking the blunt of the force.  

649E6629-D602-4890-ACCE-229C827DC32B.gif

Liked it better than any other Godzilla film that has come out over the last two decades or so.  None of the giant monster or robot fighting films are great.  If they're fun and hold my attention I like them, and this one did both.  I wasn't expecting the third monster, so when he popped up I enjoyed it.

Question:

Spoiler

Who are we to assume built that area where Kong found the axe?